Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

Well I have jumped on the self-prescribed bandwagon and today recieved my 60*20mg Acnotin capsules all the way from Thailand. I popped my first pill after lunch. I'm pretty clear at the moment only one active spot, this is however due to oxytetracylcine. I have decided to start the first few weeks on 20mg a day and continue taking the antibiotics. This is quite a risk as there have been rare cases of sweeling of the brain experienced while taking tetracylines (I obviously hope I'm not one of them).

I only have mild-moderate acne but my theory is I can take 20mg a day until my sebaceaous output decreases and my body becomes used to the tane, then I can step it up to 40mg without (fingers crossed) an intial breakout. The use of tetracyclines will also help with the current active acne.

All-in-all I am very excited to get the ball rolling and look forward to a clear christmas (touch wood). I know there are many risks involved but I have not taken this decision lightly. I strongly advise anyone else out there self-prescribing (hypocritical I know).

Thanks for your all your help,

paintme.

Just thought I would add I am going to continue using Quinoderm night and day as it does not dry my skin. When my skin begins to dry i will stop and use Eucerin moisturiser.

paintme.