Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimberly1234

Tough decision!! Please help

Oh know I finally deceided to go for the subcision this summer and now my gyno want to put me on some medication that will make me extremely fertile. My husband and I have wanted to have kids and have not been able to until MAYBE now. But if I deceide to go on this med. this means .....no subcision for at least a year!! I dont think I can wait a year but this is my only time to take this med to become preg. or go for the subcision. BIG decision.

Will my scars make me an unhappy mom or will the blessing make me forget my scars for now??

I know this is a personal decision but I would love to hear your advice anyone? moms?

thanks 8-[

I would say get the treatment a.s.a.p!

Can't you get it somewhere soon before going on the medicine? If not then I think pregnancy is more important then the scar ordeal.

In the end you and your husband should decide. It's your future, you know best.

Good luck

thanks for the reply ~ I cant get the procedure before the med. , I am out of time. My husband keeps telling me and always has told me that I do not need to worry about my scars. I know this is not true. He thinks he will upset me if he tells me the truth. So he really isnt the person to get advice from about this.

Either way one or the other has to be put off for a long while??

Oh Kimberly - such a hard decision!!! do you have to get pregnant now or can you wait or will waiting hurt chances of becoming pregnant? If you can wait on the pregnancy without it adversely affecting your chances of have a safe pregnancy then I say get subsicion first. I'd personally (and mind you I am bit selfish i guess and vain I suppose) want to be at a place where I am really happy with myself before having a baby because after that your needs and wants take a back seat for awhile... I am planning on getting pregnant in about two years... and I am determined to have all this acne and acne scarring stuff taken care of (as much as is possible) by then so I don't have to be worrying about that when I am pregnant etc... But if your chances of having a successful safe pregnancy would be jeopardized then of course wait on the subscision and get pregnant first. Hope that helps...

By the way I am in jersey too.... Where are you getting subsciion done?

Oh know I finally deceided to go for the subcision  this summer and now my gyno want to put me on some medication that will make me extremely fertile. My husband and I have wanted to have kids and  have not been able to until MAYBE now. But if I deceide to go on this med. this means .....no subcision for at least a year!!  I dont think I can wait a year but this is my only time to take this med to become preg. or go for the subcision.  BIG decision.  

Will my scars make me an unhappy mom or will the blessing make me forget my scars for now??  

I know this is a personal decision but I would love to hear your advice anyone? moms?

thanks 8-[

I'd say try to become a Mom first, you can always do subcision but the conditions aren't always perfect for being a Mom. Do what you feel is right for you. I am sure you'll do what's right for you.

Thanks for your replies, I knew everyone here would understand how difficult the decision is. If I put off getting preg. it will not jepordize anything, but if I put off getting the sub. it may jepordize alot as far as my happiness, sanity etc.

So..its definately a tough one and being able to get advice from people who understand is so great!

Mary ther, I am going to Dr. Rapaport for the sub. I have a consultation in a few weeks.

Thanks again and I will let you know how it goes?!

The fact is that getting pregnant will change your hormones and this may result in acne. IMO You should wait until after you have the baby to consider acne scar treatment and by then maybe better options will be available. :D/