Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
citygirl

Restylane or Radiance?

I am thinking of trying one of these fillers. I know that the results are temporary, but I want to do it anyways. I wanted to know which one would be recommended. I know that Radiance is more expensive, but supposedly it lasts longer. However, I've also heard that it doesn't last as long as it claims. Would Restylane be the way to go, since it costs less and could possibly have the same results?

If anyone has tried one or the other or both, it would be great to hear what you have to say. smile.gif

Hi CityGirl,

I've had both. My Radiance injections were in January 04' and lasted approximately 4 months. I had a dermabrasion later that same year, in July.

There are 3 different types of Restylane and I've tried all of them: Restylane Touch, Restylane (regular), and Restylane-Perlane. The latter, Restylane-Perlane, is by far better than Radiance.

Also, Radiance is a white substance, while Restylane is clear. That makes a difference if the filler is injected superficially.

Perlane is a more dense molecule than Radiance and is also all natural, unlike Radiance. Perlane also lasts much longer, at least is the case with me.

Hope that helps.

Love, thank you so much for the information! It really does sound like Restylane is the way to go. Now I know to ask my doctor about the 3 types...that is news to me. Plus, I've also heard that Radiance can be lumpy.

Would you mind telling me the cost of the Restylane? Was it per CC?

how long did the restalyne-perlane last? i am interested in this treatment myself. what was the improvement like? and yes, how much does it cost?

I tried RadianceFN, it was advertised by my PS to last 2-6 years...hahhaaa...mine only lasted about 2-3 months...1cc cost me $1200, thats alot of moola for a couple months of happiness. Yep, IMO stick with the Restylane products and then perhaps go for the permanent solution..like BioAlcamid.

You know, i've thought about getting a temporary filler myself. I would have no problem going back every few months to get a new injection. Who cares, right? Just keep getting it.

You know, i've thought about getting a temporary filler myself. I would have no problem going back every few months to get a new injection. Who cares, right? Just keep getting it.

Seems like a good idea, don't it???, but after awhile you will start to get "track marks"..I did after only one procedure....

what is track marks???

asking because I'm finally 6 weeks into my sculptra injections and my skin looks soo much better. Not perfect, but I can for sure see the difference, infact i just went out to my car, and I looked in the window (worst reflection ever) and It looks so much smoother.

what is track marks???

asking because I'm finally 6 weeks into my sculptra injections and my skin looks soo much better. Not perfect, but I can for sure see the difference, infact i just went out to my car, and I looked in the window (worst reflection ever) and It looks so much smoother.

hi leigh,

well at two weeks i saw nothing three weeks, nothing and then slowly but surely it came into play. I have an appt with the ps the end of this month, hopefully he can assess my improvemnt. I will keep you posted. I think i may try a jessner/tca combo peel that he suggested, to smoothe out the texture. But I have seen an definate improvement!!

I've had two Restylane injections and am unsure about track marks... what do they look like? are they red? or are they new scars? Its hard to tell how good Restylane is. I mean--it definitely helps--but, it ends up making me notice all my other scars yet more!!

Hey there, could you please tell me where you can purchase the restylane, and the injection needles to do it your self. Thank you so much. Are you a doc or nurse or did you just read up on how to do this? thanks

Melissa

I am able to purchase Restylane directly and self-inject, so the cost is much less for me. In a practitioner's office, the total cost for 1cc in addition to the physician fee is approximately $600 to $800.

I pay a total of $380 for 1cc of Perlane and $300 for 1cc of Restylane - and of course, there is no physician fee as I inject myself.

As far as wholesale costs go (what I pay) the cost range from most expensive to least expensive is as follows: Perlane-Restylane, Restylane (regular), Restylane-Touch. By the way, Restylane Touch only comes in .5cc syringes.

P.S. I have absolutely zero track marks, nor have I ever heard of them - and I have tried many fillers.

Hope that helps.

bump!!!!

Hey there, could you please tell me where you can purchase the restylane, and the injection needles to do it your self. Thank you so much. Are you a doc or nurse or did you just read up on how to do this? thanks

Melissa

I am able to purchase Restylane directly and self-inject, so the cost is much less for me. In a practitioner's office, the total cost for 1cc in addition to the physician fee is approximately $600 to $800.

I pay a total of $380 for 1cc of Perlane and $300 for 1cc of Restylane - and of course, there is no physician fee as I inject myself.

As far as wholesale costs go (what I pay) the cost range from most expensive to least expensive is as follows: Perlane-Restylane, Restylane (regular), Restylane-Touch. By the way, Restylane Touch only comes in .5cc syringes.

P.S. I have absolutely zero track marks, nor have I ever heard of them - and I have tried many fillers.

Hope that helps.

I paid $450.00 for the largest vial they offer of Restylane. It was enough to do 3 rolling scars just over 1/2 inch long, and the rest in my fine laugh lines by my mouth. But I wish now I had put it all in the scars and forgot about the lines.