Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mattimeo

Experiences/Info on Duac?

how good does Duac work with getting rid of and preventing acne?

how long does it take to work?

please share your experiences with it

I'm on it.

I'll say that it works in clearing up acne, maybe even stopping it.

I still get Acne around my jaw though,... but it is probably due to poor shaving and possibly due to staph infection on my hair follicles... I am going to the doctor monday to check if I indeed have an infection instead of just acne.

I'm on it.

I still get Acne around my jaw though,... but it is probably due to poor shaving and possibly due to staph infection on my hair follicles... I am going to the doctor monday to check if I indeed have an infection instead of just acne.

Duac can be a very effective topical antibiotic, as long as one can stand the BP portion (not everyone can). However, it won't get you stop making new comedones, so if you are heavily comedonal, then you will need a retinoid such as Tazorac or Retin-A.

I'm on it.

Wow! congrats on clearing up! i'm going to the doctors tomorrow and i'm gunna beg them for duac. it seems like everyone who used it saw great results!!! i can't wait!

Duac can be a very effective topical antibiotic, as long as one can stand the BP portion (not everyone can).  However, it won't get you stop making new comedones, so if you are heavily comedonal, then you will need a retinoid such as Tazorac or Retin-A.

And this is going to sound CRAZY but I found that eating a few servings of fruit and veggies a day does wonders.

i've been on duac for about a month, only seeing a little progress

the type I use is prescribed for night time yet I see some posts where people say they use it in the morning for use throughout the day...?

yeah i agree with the above. It really cleared my face up almost completely gone in one month...than out of nowhere...i started breaking out...althought they arent large and painful like before...they seem to breakout in groups of 2-3 and are small but red an anying im goin on the 5th to dermo. we will see what he says.

Good Luck,

CT

It worked great for my daughter. She is totally clear after 2 months of using Duac. Her acne wasn't that bad at all. Very small breakouts along her hairline and temples. I used some of it myself...mine is more severe(sometimes Cysts) and it didnt help at all.

Also her doc told her to store her Duac in the refridgerator despite what it says on the box about being stored at room temp.

It worked great for my daughter.  She is totally clear after 2 months of using Duac.  Her acne wasn't that bad at all.  Very small breakouts along her hairline and temples.  I used some of it myself...mine is more severe(sometimes Cysts) and it didnt help at all.

Also her doc told her to store her Duac in the refridgerator despite what it says on the box about being stored at room temp.

thanks

i figure i'll go thru 2-3 tubes before I make a final decision on whether to stick with this or not

but my doctor prescribed it to have FOUR re-fills

so i guess she wants me to go thru 4 times

I was presribed Duac and Triaz pads during the day Monday and its only been four days and my face is 95 % clear. I think for the people who it stops working for- You have to exfoliate as well as fight acne. I use DDF Glycolic toner everyday then apply my acne meds- I do this without over drying too, some people have said that DDF toner drys them out, but it sort of moisterizes my face, anyway try exfoliating then applying acne meds-