Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi!! im new to this board, and have mild acne, yet what gives me the most trouble is something called Sebaceous Cysts on my face. No doctor has a cure or knows what to do and I'm so upset!! My pharmacist just told me that fish oil clears up acne in 7 weeks or so. Has anyone has success with Fish OIl?? If so, could you tell me what problem you had. Also, has anyone had anything successful for Sebaceous cysts?? Im very desperate and will try anything! thanks so much! :)

I believe he is talking about FIsh Liver Oil, also more commonly known as Vitamin A. I've read that VItamin A can be taken like B5, but it only needs to be taken in much much smaller amounts (and it NEEDS to be taken in smaller amounts, because too much vitamin A can be VERY harmful). Accutane is a synthesized version of Vitamin A.

I remember taking gel capsules of fish oil for the omega-3 oil...it makes you burp alot and it tastes like fish. Not very appetizing! I couldn't take seven weeks of that.

fish oil should be used regardless of if it has benefits to your skin or not. it's very good for you.

and yes, studies have shown that oils like flax and fish are very beneficial to your skin.

I remember taking gel capsules of fish oil for the omega-3 oil...it makes you burp alot and it tastes like fish. Not very appetizing! I couldn't take seven weeks of that.

same thing happened to me!!! weird!!

I have been taking cod liver oil capsules for several months, haven't noticed any improvement with acne. They are inexpensive tho (if your in UK Holland & Barrett currently have less than half price deal on them), so you may as well give it a try.

I haven't noticed any fishy taste and I am strict vegetarian (I have been for 9 years and this has been my one non-vegetarian thing, as I started taking the capsules as they help with inflammation in the digestive system and I am trying to cure my IBS through diet). So I expect I would be the first to taste fish since it would be such a alien thing to me hehe.

i've heard that cod liver oil is better than just normal fish oil because cod liver oil is rich in vitamin A and vitamin D. two vitamins that can help improve your skin on their own (esp. vitamin A). just my 2 cents. oh also i have heard that sometimes these fish oils can cause "gastrointestinal upset" anyone experience that?

Ive been taking Cod Liver Oil and Starflower oil daily for ages (well over two years). It hasn't made a difference to the acne itself but I remember about a month after I started taking it, people commented that my skin looked plump and smooth. Maybe it was coincidence but I havn't stopped taking it since.

And at least im all bendy and flexible :D

vanessa xxx

Oh and the dry skin on my legs cleared up...

I heard that Vitamin E is also good... i've been taking vitamin e gel capsules for a week now and my skin seems to be looking better and i heard its also good for your hair.

Also Alovera (sp?) gel from that plant is good for healing stuff... O:)

User,

if you are a strict vegetarian, why consume cod liver oil? :D It is 100% animal (fish) product O:) The capsules don't have fishy taste because they coated the liquid with (obviously) capsules. O:) Try the liquid form and you'll know right away what I am talking about. O:) (my Mom made me to drink cod liver oil one tablespoon daily every morning when I was a kid. She said it'd make me healthier and stronger, but it tastes so disguisting! That's probaby why I hate fish :) )

I am not a vegetarian but I am quite aware of vegan products. Try Flax seed oil (plant oil) as alternative to cod liver/fish oil. It has rich source of omega 3, no fishy taste and guarranteed 100% vegan! :)

I have been taking Udo's Oil, which has Omega 3,6 and 9. I was taking it for about 3 - 4 months and it has improved my acne a little bit, but when i came off, it just stayed the same, so i cant really comment if it really does improve acne.

Matahari, I was responding to what someone said "I remember taking gel capsules of fish oil for the omega-3 oil...it makes you burp alot and it tastes like fish".

Also, I am fully aware cod liver oil is not vegetarian! I take them to help reduce inflammation in my digestive system. It's part of a very strict diet / lifestyle to try and cure myself of an "incurable" problem with my digestive system, which has made my life hell for over 5 years. It is far more important a problem for me to solve, than staying true to vegetarianism (which I had previously done for 10 years).

:-s

I take the Flax Seed Capsules which have omega-3 fatty acids as well. I have tried taking the liquid form of Cod Liver oil because if you can get it down it supposedly has the greatest benifits. Unfortunately it made me gag and almost barf every time it took it and I ended up wasting almost a whole bottle.

I am gonna add the cod liver oil and see how it goes. Will give an update in a month or so. You can get mint flavored oil from the store. I have some and it lasts a long time. I had it since last year. I just forgot about it. #-o

in short, fish oil lead to increased insulin sensitivity, losses in bodyfat and good nutrient partioning effects. flax doesn't contain the benefits above, fishoil does.

in short, fish oil lead to increased insulin sensitivity, losses in bodyfat and good nutrient partioning effects. flax doesn't contain the benefits above, fishoil does.

how does that help with acne? the fish oil

wut do you guys reccomend while on accutane for my skin.. its red on my cheeks.. vitamin e or fish oil pills? i have red marks and large pores on my forehead and cheeks.. any help would be appriciated