Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Island Son

Have you heard of Proactiv?

If you are reading this, thank you, and I hope your skin is clear forever. This is my first post, but I am sad to admit that I've had acne for a long time. Please tell me what you know, because I want to learn more about this stuff.

Please don't flame me or Proactiv . . . I just want to know what you guys think.

What is it?

Do you know anyone who uses it?

Does it work?

Is anything else like it available?

Please tell me anything you can. Thank you!

Island Son

the regimen on this site, acne.org, is just like the proactiv treatment.

I know people that have used it with some success. I was not one of them. It works for some and doesnt for others. it is rather expensive.

I would give Dan's regimen a shot for a month before spending 40 bucks on proactiv.

it's basicially a 3 step process, you first clean the face with the provided cleanser, then you use some toner, after that you apply the BP lotion.

It is just like dan's regimen in many ways because they both use BP, as their main acne fighting ingredient.

Go to proactiv.com for more info.

Has anyone else used Proactiv or known someone who has? Does it work for you or your family or friends?

I'd love to hear about the experiences others have had, or what they've heard.

Thanks again Jimmy!

Island Son

I bought proactiv when I was 19, used it for about two months, and my face became so sensative from it. I was peeling and breaking out on top of that from the irritation. It was way too harsh. A few years passed, and their commercial came on TV, it's so DAMN convincing, I hate them for it. GUESS WHAT! I bought it AGAIN!!! #-o I mean it worked for everyone on the commercial right? I figured I must have been doing something wrong. This time I made sure I used it EXACTLY how they say. THE SAME THING HAPPENED!!!! Dryness and breakouts! I hate it so much, I cant even stand to look at Vanessa Williams now! Any company is going to try and convince you they are the best. Even if they are not. I have been on Dan's regimen for ONE WEEK and all my pimples have gone down in swelling and my face has defenitely gotten so noticeably smoother. He's the true HERO!

Proactiv can work for some people. But for a lot of people like myself it can be too irritating. It improved my skin the first week but after that all it did was make it red. I'd suggest giving the regimen a shot. It's kinda similar and a lot easier on your skin.

I know someone who uses Proactiv. She likes it just fine. However, she was really mad when I told her about Dan's regimin because it is based on the same exact principals & utitlizes the same active ingredient (2.5 BP)...but it's a lot cheaper!!!!! She has been "flushing" $$$$ down the toilet for a few years now to the tune of $40 per month. In addition, she does not like the fragrance of Proactiv.

My advice? Go get some Equate Brand (Wal-Mart) Cetaphil & Cetaphil moisturizer and some Neutragena On the Spot BP. Why waste money? :)

I used it to with some success. It is similar to the Dan's program except that it has glycolic acid in the toner. Some people with sensitive skin may react to the acid on top of the bp. Drawback it's too expensive.

I currently have both proactive and the regime materials....

i personally like the regime stuff alot better, the bp cream and specific clensers and moisturizers seem to work better...

there cheaper, and you can get what you think is right for you.

the moisturizer in the proactive set doesnt seem to work very well, and they require you to buy like all there products not just a couple seems like they just want your money.

each one says to use after a certain other proactive product.. i think it just complicates things and costs more than it should....

just buy bp cream a moisturizer and a cleanser... simple and easy

I tried proactiv last year to see if it would help. Instead, it dried me out and made the skin under my nose peel VERY badly. I decided to try the stuff again this week, thinking that it might work this time. WHAT A MISTAKE! I am regretting my decision so badly! After only one day of using proactiv, my face broke out in this huge, red rash all over! I never get acne on my forehead because for me, acne is hormonal, but proactiv made me break out right above my eyebrows and at the hairline. I threw my bottles away pronto! I do not recommend proactiv for anyone! Dan's reg has been my saving grace. I know now not to stray from it EVER!

I used Proactiv with some success for 6 months. You have to remember to use it 2x a day for it to be effective. My skin got used to it after awhile, and I started breaking out again which i think happens to a lot of people. So, i just switched to Dan's regimen using higher concentrations of BP which has really worked for me. My advice is that you just follow Dan's regimen because it is less expensive, doesn't smell, and its gentler on the skin. If you don't have sensitive skin, I'd suggest incorporating a glycolic acid toner or moisterizer as well.