Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
volpone1a

Bleach spots on clothing

Has anyone had bleach spots on clothing after running a load in the washer? My wife and I have eliminated pretty much everything except the BP gel. So, we started washing my clothes, her clothes, and the towels seperate in order to eradicate this problem. It has been moderately successful but she is still getting spots on her clothes. I rarely find them on mine, ever. Could the bp gel remnants be on the washer or in the water left after one of my loads? We are contemplating running empty loads after my loads just to clean out the tub, before we wash her clothes. Has anyone else experienced this and what can be done? Please advise!!! eusa_think.gif

Guest Freak_Turbulence
Has anyone had bleach spots on clothing after running a load in the washer? My wife and I have eliminated pretty much everything except the BP gel.  So, we started washing my clothes, her clothes, and the towels seperate in order to eradicate this problem.  It has been moderately successful but she is still getting spots on her clothes.  I rarely find them on mine, ever.  Could the bp gel remnants be on the washer or in the water left after one of my loads?  We are contemplating running empty loads after my loads just to clean out the tub, before we wash her clothes.  Has anyone else experienced this and what can be done?  Please advise!!! eusa_think.gif

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat. The regimen has been fantastic! However, the bleach spot I got on my one-month short was less than great. So after a few experiment, I 've came to a few conclusion (I did it based on Turbulence's post above).

BP gel seems to absorb into the finger as well as the face. After 3 minutes from application fo bp gel if you rub the finger against any bp gel, bleach spots will occur in less than 12 hours.

So, the best safeguard I've came up with is to wear some cheap gloves whenever I have to touch my clothes right after bp gel application.

I'm wondering if Dan or any other regimen experienced user knows exactly how long it takes before the benzoyl peroxide in your finger will no longer stain your clothes on contact.

Please respond quickly, I don't want to get anymore bleach spots on my clothes.

will

When I was using BP, I ruined all of my pillowcases, plus the handtowels we use in the bathroom. I considered them sacrifices to the cause! But, I never got any on my clothes. This may be a stupid question, but you guys are washing your hands after you apply it, arent' you?

When I was using BP, I ruined all of my pillowcases, plus the handtowels we use in the bathroom. I considered them sacrifices to the cause!  But, I never got any on my clothes. This may be a stupid question, but you guys are washing your hands after you apply it, arent' you?