Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cipher

Chicken Pox scars Help *Pics*

Bump

Hi cipher..I hope your excisions are working out well for you so far.. :D Do you have an undate for us?

..after viewing your posts, I am seriiously considering driving the 400 miles to Dr. Hong instead of Dr.Y in New Orleans..looking forward to hearing from you... :pray: Thanks!

Sorry guys ive been kinda busy. Anyways the excisions did not go very well i think. Of the five i got, one of them opened up two days after surgery. the other was opened the when the stitches came out. The biggest one on my forehead he totally did not do properly, he excised a small hole inside the bigger hole, which is a total waste of time and did nothing. Which is a shame as well cuz that one seemed to heal well inside my scar.

In general i would describe Dr Colin Hong as a douchebag. He acts like hes all self important and doesnt listen to the things you say to him. When I told him about the results he was like " no no they will be fine just give them a while". He has no personal skills whatsoever and I feel that he rushed/did not care while doing my surgery. His nurses were fairly friendly though. They do need time to heal though. But if they do not stay together there is really no hope that the results will be good. The one thing is that my scars are chicken pox so the open punch excisions cannot look much worse that the original circular poc. If i had of gone in for icepicks and they came out looking like this then I would be pissed.

Things I have learned about excision.

1)DO NOT GO TO PLASTIC SURGEON DR. COLIN HONG !!!!!!

2)If the excision does not hold you will be left with a large boxscar

3)If done well, punch excisions can look really good.

4)I would not use punch excision for smalll icepicks, as they could end up lookin way worse and at best will leave you with a small slightly less noticable linear scar.

5)DO NOT GO TO PLASTIC SURGEON DR. COLIN HONG !!!!!!

6)If you do not completely have faith in a surgeon do not go to him/her

Sorry things didn't go as well as expected. That botch up with the larger scar sounds like he doesn't really pay attention to what he is doing. Did he offer to redo any of it? I take it the other 3 came out good?

Sorry things didn't go as well as expected. That botch up with the larger scar sounds like he doesn't really pay attention to what he is doing. Did he offer to redo any of it? I take it the other 3 came out good?

Hi All,

My doctor's office told me that chicken pox scars are attached to a big root and therefore they are pulled in and attached to the tissues below. That's apparently why fillers don't work - there is no underneath space. It seemed like a filler would be so easy, didn't it? I was wondering if the root could be severed by a needle pushing in a bubble of fluid to peel the layers apart, and run the needle around underneath a bit. Maybe there is a procedure that looks like that. My doctor's office said they don't do chicken pox at all, period. I will call again and ask about the punch excision which seems pretty good. The laser surfacing is only done on large ares, not spots. Running out of options. One site recommended Restylane but no one else has said this. And ideas on Restylane?

Hi again, I have found some sites (and some posts on acne.org too) that refer to undermining, a process of filling up underneath a scar with saline by injection, to detach it from the root, allow it to stay moist and therefore not re-stick. This sounds perfect for chicken pox scars, don't you think? Quite non-invasive. Since the skin looks pretty normal and not shiny, just filling it up would be just an injection away.

I'm going to ask my naturopathic doctor who also does laser for age spots (IPL) to do the saline plump-up. Seems like anyone who knows how to do sub-cutaneuos injections could do it.

BTW - something very important I learned about acne from my naturopath - avoid plastic food containers and esp avoid microwaving in plastic. The petroleum in the plastic is a huge source of adult red acne.

HDM

Any updates to Cipher's story?

I am from toronto also and looking for a doctor who can get rid of a couple nasty chicken pox scars ive had for many years already.

Thank you.

Any updates to Cipher's story?

I am from toronto also and looking for a doctor who can get rid of a couple nasty chicken pox scars ive had for many years already.

Thank you.

Cipher, I agree with idbinvs. Excision is the way to go--I think. The down time is about one week. Where are you located? I had six excisions done for $300 and felt that the residule scars were no problem. No need for laser resurfacing or dermabrasion to smooth things out. My doc is called a "dermatologic & cosmetic surgery" doc. He is in the Memphis, TN area. You might be surprised how fast you could be scarfree. Best Wishes! :angel:

I need to talk to you about the excisions you had...I know it has been sometime but you might be the miracle I need!