Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cipher

Chicken Pox scars Help *Pics*

If you want, he seems like he is pretty cheap. But I don't know how good of a doctor he is. You can book an consulatation with him and have the excisions done by the end of the month. He doesnt seem to busy. Let me know how it goes.

If you want, he seems like he is pretty cheap. But I don't know how good of a doctor he is. You can book an consulatation with him and have the excisions done by the end of the month. He doesnt seem to busy. Let me know how it goes.

I wouldnt be too worried about running to the edge of the earth to get your excisions done. Its not that easy to fuck up a scar excision and if the doc does then they are a total quack. Its like someone getting stitches in their face u hardly ever see a big scar unless it was a bad accident or something. Plus thats a wound that was punctured on something and not a surgical cut. Just check to make sure how long the doc has been doing them for and see if they have had any complaints filed against them stuff like that.

I guess I am pretty lucky. I have a dermatologist that I have been seeing for years that is gonna set my consultation up with someone who he said has preformed countless excisions on patients. How many scars do u guysd have that u want cut out. If its a few I would only do one and see how that goes first.

Also when u guys get your excisions do come back to the site and leave before and after pictures for others after u. I plan on leaving pix for anything I get done just to make it easier for others. By the way when u get excision done u wear a bandaid on the cut dont u?

If you do a search someone on this board wrote a lengthy post on their experiences on excision and how to care for it afterwards to minimize the unevenness of the linear scars. Too bad the search function is sort of hosed after all the board upgrades.

Is it possible to look worst after a excision is done i have no idea how to take of it?

Depends on how your scar looks to begin with. Yes it is possible. You have to ask your self what bothers you most. Is it the color, size, depth or texture. Again the doctor doing the procedure and how you take care of it after the surgery has a huge impact. It is often recommended that if your scars are less than a year old that you would wait at least a year before you deciding since the scar can change but that doesn't mean it always changes for the better.

Is it possible to look worst after a excision is done i have no idea how to take of it?

I have not seen anyone that said they were worse off after the excision. From what i have read u are left with a line after excision. There is someone in the excsion poll @ the beginning of this website that I linked on another thread that said their excision made a line and they still had the origional pock mark. THe vast majority on there said that it removed their scars almost entirely after some kind of resurfacing to smooth out the excision line. I guess if u can live with a line scar u dont have to do anything else after scar excision. I think though that microderm will work to smooth it out and thats not very expensive.

How much is the doctor charging for excisions?

Ok well here an updatate in my search. Today I saw dr Solomon, and I have to say that he seemed to know what is going on. His office wasnt that swanky but what does that matter. He said that the best two options for me were to excise the big scars and use fillers for the others(Artecoll). He said he would use a punch to excise them, and when I asked about dog ears he said that he would notch out the sides so it folds together better. He said that he didnt have any pictures but said that he should start taking them cuz he had a model in who also had a scar that was to be punched but didnt have any photos when she asked(she still got it done). He then asked to take mine and I agreed. It could only make him try harder to do a good job.

He said that he did punch excisions often and he said that there were of the two hospitals that he performed at he liked one better because they had better punches( so maybe he does it often.) I am very pessimistic of doctors and am sceptical of when they say stuff since they are trying to sell you. He said that they would cost around $125 per excision and that I should try 1 or 2 first before doing a bunch. I have appointment with two more PS on Nov 8 & 9 and if those doctors fail to wow me I will probably go with Dr Solomon.

BTW does anyone know what the advantages would be to using punch excision as opposed to scalpel?

I thought punches only worked up to a certain circular diameter unless punches come in different shapes. Once the diameter gets so big you can't pull the skin edges together cleanly and hold them very easily with stitches.

I wish I had of asked him more about the sizes of the punches, but when I asked about the size he said that they would work for my scars. Its weird how the other doc said that it would be best to use a scalpel excision instead of the punch. Maybe because he doesnt use the punches.

I tried to get an appointment but it would take two months, and he charges $250 for a consultation so I'm guessing hes good. I think it may be important to find a doctor who is experienced in excision rather than one who just charges alot. But then again hes probably able to charge alot cuz hes good and does a thorough job. I dont know how to seperate the experienced docs from the quaks. Anyone?

Cipher, I got an appointment right away. I'm going Nov 14th. And I'll let you know how it goes. $250 is alot of money but I'm willing to pay for his opinion. I know the thread your taliking about. Also, I will refuse to do anything with lasers on my face and that's the first thing I'll tell him, this way he doesn't waste his time. I've heard so many bad things abour the CO2 laser and I'm curious to know why he still uses it. I'll keep you posted.

I have a few pretty bad pit scars.. they are so noticable.. and im so young.. i need to get rid of them asap... but i lead a very busy life, and i cant do a treatment that would leave my face all messed up for a few months.. im talking something thats healing time is less then a week.. does anybody have ANY advice..

I just had my excision doen today by Dr Hong, seems to have gone pretty well. I had 5 done, 3 on my cheeks and 2 on my forehead. I also asked that he botox my forehead so i wouldnt have to worry about moving the scars. If they go well i will go back and do another 5 which should take care of the rest of pox marks. It was $300 for the botox and $350 for excisions. Does have any tips for aftercare and avoiding the scars sinking in? Im thinking of applying supercop2x to help rebuild some of the collagen once I take the stitches out(in a week).

Yes I will post pics later on when for a dramatic before and after.

My doctor said not to worry about putting anything on them. But yesterday I cleaned them with peroxide and dabbed some polysporin. I may do this once a day, do you know if youre supposed to?

Also the botox is amazing, I can see how people get addicted to this stuff. I used to squint alot when I was younger since I never wanted to wear my glasses, and I still scrunch up my eybrows. Now I couldnt do that if I tried. I wondet if there is any way to buy botox online?

My doctor said not to worry about putting anything on them. But yesterday I cleaned them with peroxide and dabbed some polysporin. I may do this once a day, do you know if youre supposed to?

I had a punch excision and was told not to let it scab. I had to put antibiotic ointment 3x a day. But, it's probably because mine didn't get stitches. Tht was abt 3 weeks ago, and its almost almost flushed with the rest of the skin.

Also the botox is amazing, I can see how people get addicted to this stuff. I used to squint alot when I was younger since I never wanted to wear my glasses, and I still scrunch up my eybrows. Now I couldnt do that if I tried. I wondet if there is any way to buy botox online?

how old are you??? I don't think its advisable to buy botox online (if tht's even possible)

LOL, Im 25 years old. I am turning into a frickin woman from looking at this site and getting this done. My girlfriend must think im crazy. The reason I like it is because I geuss after years of squiting i have some powerful scrunching muscles in my forehead. I wrinkle it up alot.

Anyways I was just thinking about it, my mom is a health nurse and has given tons of needles in her life. She came to my highschool and other schools to give Hep C vaccinations. I dont think it is possible to buy botox online anyways.

Good to hear about your excisions. I have really high hopes and since mine are big deep pocs it would be hard not to see any improvement. Are you sure you had punch excision and not punch floats? Cuz im pretty sure you need stitches to close those badboys up.