Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Outkast

New Member; Bad Problems

i just registered and im really happy to have finally found this site

anyway i have a some problems

1.all of my pores on and around my nose (out past my cheekbones) are at least as big around as one of those big needles

2.those pores are so big that they are constantly black head city, its so bad that my face u can see more blackheads than skin.

4. i have mild to moderate acne all over my face and back. i see the occasional zit on my arm and a couple on my chest.

5.im only 13 and my parent wont buy me any medications nor do they give me allowance (pretty sucky huh??)

Neway i really need help and iff u give me some advice on wut to do/use etc. im sure i could raise a little money or get my parents to consider giving to my "cuase". ( i already got them to buy me a small bottly of oxy with 10% BA) thnx

Well, that's pretty mess up that your parents won't help you get your skin clear. My parents are very supported. But, if you want to get clear skin. I suggest you get these products: (There Dan's suggestions)

A Cleanser = Choose a cleanser that does not overdry. You want something mild, made specifically for a sensitive, dry individual because of the amount of benzoyl peroxide you will be using.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, 6oz. (lasts forever, smells nice, gentle, good lather)

Price: $3.49

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Moisturizer = If you use as much benzoyl peroxide as I recommend you will need a moisturizer in the morning so you can spend the day with non-flaky skin. There are several very good moisturizers on the market which do not aggravate acne. It is vitally important that you begin moisturizing from day one on the regimen, even if your skin doesn't seem to need it at first. Moisturizing will help keep your skin in balance and will help prevent some of the initial drying/reddening effects of benzoyl peroxide.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture. (An excellent starter lotion, works great.)

Price $10.49 If you go to walmart is more cheaper. It cost like about $8.50 or something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream = Studies show that a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide solution actually works better than the overdrying 10% solutions. This makes perfect sense because less irritation means less breakouts. It may take your face a couple of weeks to get used to benzoyl peroxide. For this reason, it is extremely important to apply less benzoyl peroxide than I recommend at first and slowly ramp up the dosage over the first few weeks on the regimen. Some redness or itchiness is normal at first, but if you begin using a lot of benzoyl peroxide from day one on the regimen you may experience severe redness or dryness. Please start slowly.

A word of caution: about 3% of people are allergic to benzoyl peroxide and experience severe swelling and/or crusting. You may want to test a spot on your face first. Also, benzoyl peroxide can bleach fabrics. Be careful about getting it on clothing that you love.

*Tip: after you have squeezed out everything in the tube, you can still cut it in half and get quite a bit more out with your finger.

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment .75 oz. (The only 2.5% benzoyl peroxide widely available over-the-counter in the United States. I am working to get a larger size made in the future. If you come across any other 2.5% benzoyl peroxide creams, please let me know.) Vote in this poll to let your voice be heard. We need a larger 2.5% BP!

Price: $5.99

By:Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This what I use never use 10% BP is too srong use a lower dosage. I use 2.5% BP. At first it was hard to get use to it but, if you do this regimen slowly you'll be surprise. :)/ O:)

Go here if you want to read about Dan's Regimen treatment:

--------------------->Regimen

I cannot imagine parents that will not help their child with acne. It is incurable though treatable, and we will focus on that.

Dan's regimen is something akin to what I always used throughout my teens and twenties. I believe it will work for you. Benzoyl peroxide is an antibacterial and works on your pores to keep them clean. Be gentle with your skin but take it seriously.

My acne is caused by my older, female hormones (I am now in my mid thirties) so I see a dermatologist. I do not plan to do this forever. Right after I stop the intense treatment I am on now, I plan to do Dan's Regimen starting "clean" and free of the toxic build-up that is in my skin now.

Please continue to post. We care! :)