Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unhappy

laser treatment

I just had laser done a month ago.(I've posted my condition up before ) I'm curious about everyone else who had laser treatment done. Has it actually helped your scars to make it look better or has it mess up your face more? I've read through this forum and i don't read any successful stories . I only read the "nothing happen or it mess up my face more" stories. I just want to hear other people's experience with laser.

I was wondering what kind of laser treatment you had done a month ago. A few years ago I had some laser treatments done, and I honestly can't say I saw any great results. They promise you the world when you have a consultation. I think they know that the results will be minimal, but they say all the right things, knowing that you're desperate to try anything to make your skin look better. They see dollar signs, it's quite sad & annoying. wacko.gif

I was wondering what kind of laser treatment you had done a month ago. A few years ago I had some laser treatments done, and I honestly can't say I saw any great results. They promise you the world when you have a consultation. I think they know that the results will be minimal, but they say all the right things, knowing that you're desperate to try anything to make your skin look better. They see dollar signs, it's quite sad & annoying.  wacko.gif

Unhappy, I think it was Yag or something and one Smoothbeam treatment. The good thing is neither of these left me with any red/pink marks or disscoloration. Infact, by the next day I had no pinkness and you couldn't even tell I had something done. The BAD thing is that they made no great improvements on my scars. I have scars on my cheeks that I was hoping would be helped by the laser...guess I was wrong.

I keep seeing on here good things about the Fraxel laser. That is probably the only laser I've ever seen positive comments about. It sounds like that is something I should investigate further.

Have you gone back to the doctor so they can see your skin now? Maybe they have something to alleviate the pinkness. I suppose your skin is still healing from the treatment and it will go back to it's original color. Have you seen any improvements on the actual scars? Do you have another treatment scheduled? biggrin.gif

city girl: thats good the laser treatment didn't mess up your face. I'm really happy for you. my derm told me to go back in a couple months so hopefullly he can say something good. He also said the "pink will fade". I'm counting on it. My scars did not improve at all. but i did find a couple scars that weren't there before i had the laser done. I plan on asking my derm and he better give me a good reason. I had laser done to try to improve my skin not to add more scars. I did hear alot about fraxel but I think i'm done with laser. When i had it done my face scabbed for like 5 days. did that happen to you? And the overall result plus downtime was not worth it. IF you don't mind me asking, can i see a pic of your scar? I just want to see other people. I'm trying to post mine up but having trouble on the technical side.

amnesiac: I did research this laser treatment for 4 months. I went to their website and read about everyones experience and looked at pictures. They all looked good. I looked up other sites and sciton laser had good reviews so i thought that was the "cure" for me. But for some reason i found this site AFTER my laser treatment. If i had found this site earlier i don't think i would of gone through with the laser. THis site is more real life true experience. rather than some stories that are made to sound good. when you read their website believe me it makes you want to do the laser treatment.

Just out of curiosity...did anyone ask their derm after a treatment why it did not work for you? Cause whenever i talk to my derm about the sciton laser he said the results will be a vast improvement but i see no change. I plan on asking my derm when i go back for a check up in October. I just want to know if other people has ask their derm and what the derm's reply was.

Unhappy, I also found this site after my laser treatment. The thing is, some dermatologists and plastic surgeons will do nearly anything to make a sale. I even had one try to get me to do a thermage(sp?) treatment.

Unhappy, I also found this site after my laser treatment. The thing is, some dermatologists and plastic surgeons will do nearly anything to make a sale. I even had one try to get me to do a thermage(sp?) treatment.

Unhappy, it is really sad that doctors want you to spend thousands of dollars on something that they probably know will have minimal results. They show some convincing looking before/after pics of past patients and hope that that lures you in. I'm beginning to think that the pics that these places show on their sites or in the office are tricks. How can it be that SO MANY people on this site have had no success with laser. And everyone on here is a real, live, person talking honestly about their experiences.

When I went for some follow up appointments, I said that I couldn't really see any difference and they seem fully prepared for that type of comment because they instantly respond with "it can sometimes take 6-12 months for collagen growth and to see results". And "sometimes it's necessary to have additional treatments" (how convenient...more money for them). So when you have your follow up, just be prepared for their response.

I would suggest that you have consultations with a few other doctors as well. It's good to get other opinions. Tell them about this past laser experience and see if they have alternative treatments.