Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jujube

my derm. said this bout accutane??

hi

i went to my derm. today and the nurse told me that the derm said that he got something in the mail about accutane and that "they were going to have to start doing accutane differently" she didn't tell me what it was that made him say that or what it was about.. does anyone know anything about this? i was wonderig because im bout 4.5 months into accutane and i was just wondering incase i have to get off of it or something.

thanks

I think the problem is that even with all of the warnings, and the birth control, and the "don't get pregnant" symbol that comes with every pill, people are still getting pregnant while on accutane. The worst side effect of accutane is the birth defects if you get pregnant while on it. That's why they are probably going to have to try even harder to stop people from getting pregnant, although I don't know what else they can do.

I think the problem is that even with all of the warnings, and the birth control, and the "don't get pregnant" symbol that comes with every pill, people are still getting pregnant while on accutane.  The worst side effect of accutane is the birth defects if you get pregnant while on it.  That's why they are probably going to have to try even harder to stop people from getting pregnant, although I don't know what else they can do.

i went to my derm. today and the nurse told me that the derm said that he got something in the mail about accutane and that "they were going to have to start doing accutane differently" she didn't tell me what it was that made him say that or what it was about.. does anyone know anything about this?

I understand the derms who are scared to give out Accutane. My derm no longer prescribes Accutane to anyone even if you qualify for it. They are afraid of the legal responsibility and law suits that might come from patients with severe side effects.

Ofcourse the patients who need it to help their acne suffer because of law suit crap, FDA blahh blahh ........

Maybe I'm wrong, but can't guys on Accutane get women pregnant? Wouldn't that cause the same problems....because stupid horny girls AND guys reproduce?

Maybe I'm wrong, but can't guys on Accutane get women pregnant? Wouldn't that cause the same problems....because stupid horny girls AND guys reproduce?

They don't know. There isn't an official statement where guys can't get girls pregnant, but they don't recommend it. I mean if you can't give blood a month after taking accutane, you would think isotretinoin is in the semen as well.