Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kizmatica

Is there a male alternative to shaving?

Hi, my acne is pretty much clear, but i am having to shave almost every day which can ruin the acne left over.

I also hate shaving full stop.

Is there an alternative for me to remove facial hair rather than shaving? And the name of the product/s available

If you could help that would be awesome!!

Yeah a good electric shaver is the best way to go. Be willing to spend at least $100 for a decent one. In my experience anything cheaper just doesn't work well. I use a Braun and it's great.

Its less acne, and more ingrown hairs. Me, I get ingrown hairs... all of my acne is from shaving... and I use a Sensor XL... or this crap electric (going to get a Remington ES-1000 soon)

Mach 3 destroyed my face, i'm clear aside from my jaws etc.... now painful recovery sad.gif

An alternative to shaving is to use a facial depilatory. They generally work by dissolving the hair. Some are so strong they can dissolve a thin layer of skin just like a chemical peel.

Liquid Laser for the face by Serious Skin Care uses calcium salts which only dissolve the root of the hair and is gentle on the skin. They also have a Post Laser Hair Growth Inhibitor which will delay the regrowth of hair (but I don't know if it's noncomedogenic).

These products are usually made for female facial hair so a male may have to leave it on longer to dissolve the thicker, coarser beard.

Last words: Men who particpate in certain sports use depilatory products to remove body hair so there shouldn't be a problem for them to use it on their face.

However, regardless of which brand of depilatory you choose to use, be sure it is for the face and not the ones for use on the body.

thank god i don't need to shave eusa_dance.gif

my dad isn't really hairy, and neither were my granddads. i trim a bit on my chin, but i don't need to shave. yay!