Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ariel24

Has anyone tried "Intense Pulsed Light"?

Have any of you tried Intense Pulsed Light?? Apparently, it's a type of light/laser that they focus on your red marks and supposedly it takes all of them away. They said that it's a lot less dramatic than a regular laser procedure and that there is no down time whatsoever. It sounds a little too good to be true.

I have an appointment to do the procedure next week and I was hoping I could get some feedback from people who have tried it before I do it myself. For those who have tried it, please let me know if the results were good or bad. Also, is it ok for someone who has a somewhat tanned face to undergo a procedure like this; will it cause hypopigmentation in the areas around it?

Yes, my derm just told me about it two days ago. i am going to do it again. I did it once, I felt like my face was burning.

For the whole face. It's also called Photo Facial. My derm told me that one of his patient did it 8 times, he will not get any cysts after the treatments. I think it it pretty effective on red marks.

Life_Sucks: I can't seem to find the link, never actually heard of sunbeam. Paste a link..

But after what I've researched I think pulsed dye lasers as the Vbeam targets the red better,gets rid of it in less treatments and have less downtime, compared to IPL. WIll also be cheaper. But you should try some research on your own.

I'm worried about the long term effects of all these treatments. Someone told me that the IPL causes hypopigmentation and also doesn't allow your skin to tan properly. This might be a concern for me because I was planning only to do it on one portion of my face instead of the entire face. Do you know if Vbeam has any of those similar side effects?

I'm worried about the long term effects of all these treatments.  Someone told me that the IPL causes hypopigmentation and also doesn't allow your skin to tan properly.  This might be a concern for me because I was planning only to do it on one portion of my face instead of the entire face.  Do you know if Vbeam has any of those similar side effects?

Life_Sucks: I can't seem to find the link, never actually heard of sunbeam. Paste a link..

But after what I've researched I think pulsed dye lasers as the Vbeam targets the red better,gets rid of it in less treatments and have less downtime, compared to IPL. WIll also be cheaper. But you should try some research on your own.

I cannot believe there is an entire forum dedicated to IPL. That is the best resource for me right now. Thank you so much, I truly appreciate you posting that for me.

I'm having a series of 5 IPL treatments about a month apart for some shallow pigmented acne scarring. I had my second treatment this afternoon with the machine set to "26" (the first treatment was used really to assess the the pigmentation reaction of my skin - I'm Chinese - and was only set to "17") and really felt it this time! I've read that IPL is meant to feel like an elastic band against the skin; I'd class it more as an electric shock! Pretty intense stuff. The doctor told me that my face will be a bit red for 3 days (it looked completely fine straight after treatment) with the pigmented scars turning darker before fading. He said that as my scars are very shallow, IPL may help even them out and also help with pore size, although it's the pigmented colour that bothers me more than their shape. The machine he used was a Lumenis Quantum. Hope this helps.

Well.. I got my 3rd V BEAM treatment last saturday.. and I'm still waiting for the next 2.. doc says she sees sign of improvement, but it'll only gradually improve as more treatments are cumulated.. and SS1.. did you have any red marks on your face? and what results have you seen so far after 2 treatments? I was going to undergo the IPL Lumenis also.. however most ppl recommended the V BEAM.

Guest Marino

Yea im doing it right now.

I've had 1 and doing them weekly- 4 more to go.

I did them before but i had a breakout in the middle of the treatment and its hard to say how effective it was because of all the acne in the way.

I'll post pictures of before and after, im guessing this does work but you would need at least 5 at the highest setting.

Oh and my machine only goes up to 6, does that mean the machine that does 20 something like that other guy had is better or there just equivilanices?

i'm gonna start doing v-beam and sunbeam together starting this saturday,every 2 weeks,it's gonna be so damn expensive so i'm hoping to see some real good results!

I did five IPL treatments and they hurt and turned my face red for a few days, but in the end I didn't notice ANY improvement.

i'm gonna start doing v-beam and sunbeam together starting this saturday,every 2 weeks,it's gonna be so damn expensive so i'm hoping to see some real good results!

I did IPL (not vbeam or smoothbeam as I can't find them in the UK) but I got no improvement.

I did however get a singed eyebrow at one point too.

If you have broken capilieries or whatever then it can solve that but otherwise I think it's useless.