Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you seen the ads for the $100 Acne Research Study? It's for people in the Bay Area with acne (duh!)...it sounds like a good way to try something new and get some money, too!!

Here is what it says -

If you have moderate acne (15+ pimples and no cystic acne) and are between the ages 16-29, you may be able to participate in a research study to quantify acne improvement from use of FDA-approved, non-prescription acne treatment tablets.

You must be willing to discontinue the use of your current acne treatment products (prescription and over-the-counter) for the duration of the trial and be able to come to San Francisco or the East Bay for 4 office visits over a 10-week period, beginning mid-September. Office visits will likely be scheduled Friday through Sunday. Total office-time participation will be approximately 2 hours. This study will involve taking an anti-acne tablet or placebo tablet.

Participants will be paid $100 for their time and effort.

Send an email with your phone number, if interested : [email protected]

i live in the bay area. but i just started taking nature's cure and using hibiclens and i dont wanna mess anything up. are you going to try it? and do you know what they put in the pills? thanks

What I heard is different. You must be a teenager and if you're an adult, you must have at least 20 pimples. Also the study does not include placebo. One group will use a single product while another group will use the same product combined with a 2nd ingredient to see if it will be more effective.

Also the study does not include placebo.  One group will use a single product while another group will use the same product combined with a 2nd ingredient to see if it will be more effective.

Also the study does not include placebo.  One group will use a single product while another group will use the same product combined with a 2nd ingredient to see if it will be more effective.

If there was a placebo you wouldn't know about it. That's the whole point of having a placebo.

what could the drug be since it is a otc? any ideas of what could be out there at on the drug store shelves that could help, besides aspirin to reduce inflammation