Lubriderm as Moistu...

Notifications
Clear all

Lubriderm as Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@macman)

Posted : 09/13/2005 8:12 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to use Eucerin as a moisturizer since I've started this regimen (2 weeks ago). It has failed, however, to adequately moisturize my face; I am forced to keep putting the stuff on my face through out the day. I have a bottle of Lubriderm (for extra dry skin) that I sued previously to moisturize. Is it safe to use this as a moisturizer after applying the BP Gel? It says non-comedogenic on the packaging but I figure every company puts that on its products.

Thanks,

MacMan

MemberMember
(@evan4491)

Posted : 09/14/2005 2:00 pm

I have it that product too. I've since stopped using it, only because I have a new mousterizer with SPF 15. You should try it; they can't lie to you and say its non comedogenic when its not. That's againest the law, I thihk. I use it when I'm really dry, and it works fine. Good luck

MemberMember
(@sadinchicago)

Posted : 09/14/2005 5:20 pm

I used to use Lubriderm until last month. I was using the original one, not the newer ones that they have. I dont even know if it was for the body or face..Well I thought it was good, but when I would use it and it got a lil hot, I would sweat buckets. Just my face would, while the rest of my body was dry as a bone. I thought it was me, that I was a freak or something. I changed to Eucerin skin renewal, and problam went away. Plus the lubriderm made my skin look very oily and shiny. The eucerin makes it look a little shiny, but not realy oily if that makes sense. I couldn't find the eucerin at the store that I went last time, and I had to pick something real fast because I was leaving state, so I bought the Netrogena oil free that has a alpha hydroxy acid in it. I think it leaves my skin a bit less shiny than the Eucerin skin renewal, but it was a bit harsher on my skin because the alpha hydroxy acid is stronger than the Lactic acid in the Eucerin.

MemberMember
(@revolution)

Posted : 09/14/2005 8:12 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to use Eucerin as a moisturizer since I've started this regimen (2 weeks ago). It has failed, however, to adequately moisturize my face; I am forced to keep putting the stuff on my face through out the day. I have a bottle of Lubriderm (for extra dry skin) that I sued previously to moisturize. Is it safe to use this as a moisturizer after applying the BP Gel? It says non-comedogenic on the packaging but I figure every company puts that on its products.

Thanks,

MacMan

Lubriderm is a good company, I think the largest in Canada, however I'm not sure about the product selection. Your not always going to have extra dry skin. I would look into other product types. Look for something light and non-acne causing/irritating. Lubriderm's "Natures Moisture Therapy" works well and is probably the top non-greasy moisturizer I have used. I can't stand moisturizers with SPF in them, plus if you live in an area where you don't need a SPF everyday, it's a better choice to get separate products, but if you don't mind then get one with SPF in it, however I just apply it after in the day, which is fine because they have many great sun blocks out there that are light and designed for acne-prone skin, coppertone designs some of them.

MemberMember
(@revolution)

Posted : 09/14/2005 8:16 pm

Hello,

Thanks,

MacMan

2 weeks isn't long by the way. I would imagine your skin still gets red and irritated and dry and flaky because you are adjusting to the BP and you are also (if your doing the regimen correctly) still increasing the amount of BP you apply. So stick with the Eucerin for a bit and see if it changes as you adjust, again 2 weeks is nothing. Patience my friend.

MemberMember
(@gattsu)

Posted : 09/14/2005 11:21 pm

I remember using Lubriderm for extra dry skin. It never stated if it could be used for the face, but I used to remember putting alot of it on my face and I don't recall ever having a greasy looking face. I wonder why I switched to a facial moisturizer?

Maybe I should go back and try this instead of the cetaphils or eucerin's...

MemberMember
(@ms-mary)

Posted : 07/19/2014 2:41 pm

Lubriderm is the only moisturizer that does not break me out. My absolute favorite was neutrogena multivitamin lotion but it was discontinued years ago. I have bought so many moisturizers and the original lubriderm, the one with blue and the word moisture. Is the best one. Not greasy, moisturizing, makes my skin smooth as a babies butt. This plus t.n witch hazel found in the pharmacy area not in the skin care aisle. Is how i keep my skin clear. Witch hazel does a wonder on cysts. They disappear within days verses weeks and makes skin tone appear matte, more even toned, it also reduces oil production.