Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sharp

My log of minocycline and differin

i started minocycline (200mg/day) and differen gel ( 2 times a day ) about 4 days ago. It has had positive and negative effects. The positive being that the red marks all over my face are fading already, not entirely but noticeably. The negative effect is that i broke out all around my mouth. It's kind of weird because im not breaking out anywhere else except around my mouth. I've been putting some bp on the whiteheads and they only last about 2 days but it still sucks. Anyway im hoping to keep this log going and hopefully ill stop breaking out so much and my red marks will fade completely.

I am on minocycline 100 mg per day and Duac in a.m. with Differin in p.m. Have been on for 3 days. Happy so far. The existing pimples and scab are healing quickly. Minocycline makes me feel woozy and strange and makes my back hurt a bit. It puts me to sleep at night and the next day I feel drunk all day. I have heard this is normal. Anything with you?

P.S. I am 36 years old, female, and no big problems with acne other than blackheads, milia, and a few bumps, until I went off birth control pills last October 2002. Then, BAM! oily as heck and zits galore! I use 5+ oil blotting rice papers a day and that is just at work!

Read your posts.. just wondering, what is minocycline and duac? I used differin gel a couple years ago. I found it worked quite well for a while.. then didn't work at all.. my skin was just irritated all the time and compleeeetely dry and flaky. I know things work differently for everybody, so I do hope that it works for both of you! Now i'm on the birth control pill and i'm already noticing a bit of a change I think (my skin is less oily and therefore clear).. I also use some other stuff at night / mary kay toner for acne prone skin depending on what I feel like lol I just bought the neutrogena "treatment" stuff.. going to give that a try. Anyways, yeah.. just feel like blabbing. If you could ans my Qs that would be lovely! I'm just curious. Thanks! :D Take care

well my face broke our real bad and i had graduation so i went off it and used dans regimen for a week or so to kill the breakouts which helped ALOT.. i competely aborted minocycline and differen and now im trying to come up with somethign that can combine honey/neut multi vitamin stuff / bp

Most people who post here are quite a bit younger than me. I am 36 years old and while my acne is caused by hormones, too, I am at a different stage than an adolescent and have different needs. My skin is little sensitive but not overly so and I am not using a toner or any treatments OTHER THAN WHAT MY DERMATOLOGIST PRESCRIBED. I use a very mild cleanser for my face. This is very important. I am not having undue dryness or redness but some symptoms are to be expected and tolerated if you want to get clear. You should follow your derm's instructions exactly! Anyway, there are many different things that work and everyone's skin is different. I broke out after going OFF the pill so I know the pill will clear you up. It is only natural -- your hormones are being controlled.

I may continue on the creams (Duac in the a.m.; Differin in the p.m.) but I will not take the minocycline for longer than about 4-6 months because I do not believe in long-term meds. I am more of a believer in what is natural.

well im back on the horse now that graduation is over.. dunno if ne1 still cares about my log but ima keep posting every couple days