Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArcticMonkey

what exactly is chemobrasion?

Chemical peeling combined with dermabrasion, more of a marketing gimmick than any clinical benefit in combining two essentially similar procedures.

Why do you talk about something you don't know about?

Chemoabrasion is scraping the skin right after a chemical peel like Exoderm, before it heals, to go deeper into the skin.

If you've dermabraded the skin and followed it with the exoderm, why would you be scraping scars the next day? From what I know, all removable skin should have already been abraded and peeled away. Unless the doctor used a lower solution of phenol? If you are able to go deeper into the skin after the peel, then it must be.

If you've dermabraded the skin and followed it with the exoderm, why would you be scraping scars the next day? From what I know, all removable skin should have already been abraded and peeled away. Unless the doctor used a lower solution of phenol? If you are able to go deeper into the skin after the peel, then it must be.

Jim, the dermabrasion is done after the Exoderm.

http://www.exoderm.co.il/articles/art.html

Chemabrasion as my doctor explained it, is a process of scraping each scar when your skin is gooey from the first day of exoderm solution with a curette, metal scraper. then more solution of exoderm is applied so the skin will heal evenly. Hope that helps.