Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KR

Four days to get rid of spot

Please help!

I've got a big spot on the end of my nose and I would like to know what I can do to get rid of it. I've got an important social event on Saturday night - is it possible to get rid of it by then? I get mild acne, by which I mean blackheads/whiteheads most of the time, but not bad enough to use special medication, I just wash with whatever cleanser and moisturise, then use make up to conceal marks.

This one is different though, it's big, red and painful with no obvious head.

What to do?!!? :-s

The best thing to do is to try and get the pimple (sounds like a cyst big, red, and painful, is it underneath the skins surface?) is to wash with a normal cleanser, put on a BHA liquid or gel, put on BP, and then your oil-free moisturizer. Also what you might want to do beofre bed is to put an ice cube inside of a plasic bag and then put the ice directly onto the pimple. Do this for about 10 minutes. What the ice will do is to clam down the redness and the pain. BHA's are better for pimples, white heads, and blackheads because BHA's absorb the oil in the pore itself and they exfoliate lightly inside the pore to get rid of the clogged bacteria.

If you have anymore questions please post back here.

~Nikki~

4 days is going to hard to clear the pimple or cyst, but with the methods people mentioned can make the size of the cyst smaller. :)/

Use local Erythromycin 4% gel on it, twice a day. It won't irritate, contrary to BP. It kills P. acne bacteria and it is anti-inflammatory stuff. It will fast reduce the pus and the redness of your pimple. No need to get use of it to be efficient :)

You can also try some medical topical patchs. But don't know how it works.

A BHA is a Beta Hydroxy Acid. Most commonly known BHA is Salicylic Acid. BHA's are better for pimples, white heads, and blackheads because BHA's absorb the oil in the pore itself and they exfoliate lightly inside the pore to get rid of the clogged bacteria.

You should beable to purchase a BHA in a drugstore, department store, or grocey stores.

1.) Neutrogena® Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent - 2% BHA

2.) Neutrogena® Clear Pore Treatment (I'm pretty sure it is 2% BHA)

3.) Paulas Choice BHA lotion - 1% BHA

~Nikki~