Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
begonewithacne

Be gone with ance with Dan's Regimen ( hopefully!)

This is da story...my nastly ance and bumps started appearin after using this foundation..which i spent like a fortune on ](*,)

The derm put me on clindamycin and differin gel..after 4 days i kinda lost patience coz there were no improvements and i think more bumps were forming... :) oK..I admit that was a kinda short period for results 2 show but i don't wan my acne 2 get worse before it gets better.

i stumbled upon this website and decided to give it a shot.

OKay, it's been day 3 and my skin is improving. When i started out in day 1 the BP really stung the hell out of me but the next day i had less bumps (comedones) on my cheek and my pimples were mostly dried out. The 2nd day wasn't as good, my skin started burning and turned red..painful too!! I skiped the BP at night only. Day 3 (today) is better, the burning has stoped but my skin is kinda scaling. Actually i'm hopping it will peal off so the old layer will go with all the dead skin cells ( can that actually happen? hehe)

Oh, my skin is also stinging less from the BP..day one was really a pain in the a$$!! I'll keep y'all updated bout da results..i hope this works coz i've been down in the dumps bout my acne for way too long!!

Oh...here's the products that i'm using

1) neutrogena extra gentle cleaner

2) neutrogena on the spot (2.5% BP)

3) neutrogena oil free moisture for combination skin

wow...neutrogena freak i am!

Ok, its 10pm in the night now and i just applied the BP ard 9. My skin is reddish where the BP was applied and feeling really tight..it's also kinda shinny :-k hmmm...is this supposed to happen?? it's flaking as well....the only good thing is i've got no breakouts and the bumps are less..how long will the redness last?? and my blemishes seem to be more obvious!

not good! no new breakouts but not good! My skin is flaking and i tried washing it with cleaner using circular movements for 3/4 mins..that kinda got rid of the flakiness...and also tried scotch tape. now my bumps are actually still there and my blemishes are even redder...this suckss!!

I have a question..how come it stings when i apply my moisterizer?? and it always balls up with the BP even tough i rub it in...it doesn't really make sense rubbing in 2 layer of stuff

gee...oh well...i don't know anymore. someone please help!

Day 5

Okie my skin has definitely adapted to the BP. Is doesn't hurt or sting now but skin still feeling kinda tight. The skin tome where the BP is applied is kinda red a lil..think i was due to the burning effect on day 2

By the way, i didn't mention what type of problem i have. I have alot of comedones on my cheek and chin. No pimples tough, the BP dried them out already.

iS it true that this regimen works great for comdones? I noticed some subsided, but there's still some around my cheek and chin area.

I really wana get rid of those little bumps (comedones!)

Night

I applied more BP than usual since my face is getting used to it. This time i didn't use moisterizer like i did in the previous days

Do you have to smear the BP ard your face untill it's not noticible anymore? Coz there's still white BP on my face when i'm done so i leave it to dry.

Anyone out there with any advice ? really appreciate that

DAY 6

MORNIN

Woke up 2day with 3 new breakouts. urgh! 3 full blown pimples...

did my regimen as usual, but found that my skin was lookin flaky again. maybe because i skipped the moisterizer.

Not much of a difference, the colour of my cheek is still irregular, red that is.

NIGHT

The 2 pimples are dried up except for 1. Applied BP again. Have to go buy a new tube 2mmorow coz it's already finished! damn...

This time i started applyin moisterizer again. hope it doesn't look that flaky in the morning.

ONE WEEK

MORNIN

The BP is really making the left cheek of mine red, and the blemishes seem more obvious. However 2day morning i didn't apply BP, instead moisterized and foundation (yeah..i know i shouldn't use too much make up)

Anyway i'm suprised at how smooth the surface of my cheek is, the little bumps are mostly gone.

NIGHT

Decided to let my cheek rest from BP cause the only problem with it now is the redness. Applied some BP to my chin area which has 1 or 2 bumps, still got some comedones there.

Hope the foundation doesn't cause any sorta reaction to my skin, i'm using a new one from Dermalogica now.

OMG that's wat's on my forhead! I dont get actual pimples anymore, just those damn comedones and blackheads! I was trying to figure out wat they were for ages!

I AM JUST SO SICK OF THIS!!!

I apply the BP and the pimples and comedones go away (not for good, and not a 100%) then i've got another prob to tackle...redness all over my cheeks and heaps of red dots!!

I don't know if it's just me but the BP DOES cause more red dots!!

This is what i resorted to..applying BP with a cotton bud (*,)

I also use EXTRA VIRGIN OIL in the mornin and night and massage it ard my left check and chin in circular motions to remove the flakiness which helps..then i splash it off and continue with using a cleanser and BP.

What do u ppl think about this?

Another last note before I logg off for 2day

1)I'm gonna apply foundation to cover all the red dots and conceal the darker skin tone from the BP

( even if i know the foundation caused most of the lil bumps anyway!)

2) I'll use BP on the lil bumps and pimples ONLY (not on my whole face) to kill all the %$#@!!!

AT LEAST i'll be HAPPY in the DAY compared to looking at the ground and making it my best friend!!! Gosh it's amazing how confident and different u feel when u apply makeup

For you who are reading this..feel free 2 gimme your feedback and tell me what u think...coz boy..i am just soooooooooooooooooo T-I-R-E-D of this sh*t!!!!!!

hey how u doin. Man i know how u feel. My face got dosed wtih red dots safter starting the BP. Even tho my skin got smoother, i dont think it was worth all these red dots. Seriously. But at least in my mind i know i tried. Before i started this whole regimen my skin was pretty good shape. I just wanted to get rid of those flesh colored bumps. Instead get red dots all over. I wonder why its like this for us. Anyhow take care urself. Peace

You've only been on the regimen for a couple of weeks, if that. Give it 1-2 full months of strict adherence. Absolutely strict. Then judge your progress. Many people experience red dots left behind, but the key is to get rid of active acne. Red dots will fade.

As far as foundation goes, check out the make-up board and be sure to follow people's advice there. If your foundation was causing problems before, stop using it, there are other alternatives.

-Dan

Thanks Dan for your feedback and advice.

Sometimes u just loose patience and get stressed out when u look in the mirror and see all those red marks hidding the true you

However, I don't see why i must rub the BP all over my left check and chin when i can just apply it on the few pimples and bumps. It's only making the unaffected area redder and flacky and the old blemishes more visible.

I'll continue applyin it on the pimples and lil bumps to see how it goes. I may not be following the regimen thoroughly but it prevents my skin from getting all dried out instead of just the pimple.

BP is there to prevent acne. If you spot treat pimples, you'll just be chasing them around your face forever.

Of course it's your choice on what you want to do, but I would follow the regimen exactly as outlined. It works. I've seen it many many times. The initial weeks are tough, but once they're over, you're all set.

-Dan

I SWEAR TO NOT WEAR MAKEUP UNTILL MY SKIN CLEARS UP!!!

=;

Its hard, but I will try..I HAVE TO FIGHT THIS!!

This was what happened 2day, i went out to see if i could buy a foundation to cover up all my imperfections (blemishes, pimples..wat not) that would not cause any allergic reaction.

So this saleswoman was applyin the foundation on my skin while i was starin at her clear skin and lookin at my red blemished face in the mirror.

Then she stoped, looked at me n said " It's no point applyin foundation to cover your pimples because it will only worsen the condition, I had worse acne than you last time and I stoped using any makeup for a year."

I didn't buy it looking at her skin as she didn't apply much makeup, however there were a few red dots here and there that weren't noticable.

She took out her old picture and showed me, and wow! Her acne was really much worse than mine..and lookin at her now i was just so amazed!

She could tottaly relate to me and told me how impressed her high school friends were seeing her face improve so much (she's 23).

I know it's hard to avoid makeup to cover up all those horrible looking pimples and blemishes, but the chemicals they have in foundation is just really damaging. It was what caused my acne situation to worsen in the first place..but somehow..it's so hard to go out meeting up your old friends when your face has changed to the worse esp guys who used to have a crush on you!!!

Okay... you're probably wonderin how she managed to clear up. She basically said she followed her skin cair regimen everyday- cleanse, tone and moisterize using the product range called PETER THOMAS ROTH. Okay, these product cost a bomb so i just bought the main product that cleared her up, it's called the SULFUR COOLING MASQUE which is an acne treatment with eucalyptus.

You use it twice a week as a masque and apply it to your spots at night everday.

Check out what is said about this product: http://www.peterthomasroth.com/peterthomas...sp?prod=masques

I don't know if i should use it alongside the BP. Anyway i just did the masque and will see how it goes. I maintained using BP in the morning.