Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demonshazer

Covergirl CLEAN MAKEUP - Oil Control (Classic Ivor

It says :

Gentle, non-drying formula controls shine.

- Oil Free

- Won't clog pores

So if I use this on my nose to cover up any blackheads or blemishes it won't make the pores on my nose worse by clogging them ect?

I don't want to use it if it indeed does clog pores regardless of what it says smile.gif thanks

It says :

Gentle, non-drying formula controls shine.

- Oil Free

- Won't clog pores

So if I use this on my nose to cover up any blackheads or blemishes it won't make the pores on my nose worse by clogging them ect?

I don't want to use it if it indeed does clog pores regardless of what it says smile.gif thanks

Read the inactive ingredients. Try googling for a list of comodogenic ingredients, and compare. Some ones I know to avoid: caprlyic triglycerides, stearic acid, dimethicone.

Just cuz it says it won't make acne worse, does not mean it won't.

Ingredients

Water , Cyclopentasiloxane , Propylene Glycol , Talc , Glycerin , PEG , PPG-18 , 18 Dimethicone , Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclomethicone , Magnesium Sulfate , Silica , Laureth-7 , Arachidyl Behenate , Sodium Dehydroacetate , Trihydroxystearin , Propylparaben , Methicone , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , Methylparaben , Synthetic Wax , Trisodium EDTA , Ethylene Brassylate , Stearic Acid , Barium Sulfate , Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Mica

Hmmm. Not as bad as I thought I recalled. The sixth ingredient: PEG..? PEG what? They all have numbers, some are OK - some not. Laureth-7 raises my eyebrows as well - both Laureth 23 & 4 are awful, so it may be 7 is bad as well. On the other hand, it's kinda down on the list. I'd give it a shot - watch your most sensitive areas. Remember, it takes a minimum of three days for a zit to form, so if you wake up with a zit the day after you use it for the first time - the makeup was most likely not the cause.

Well actually it's liquid foundation, I just dapped a tiny bit on a pimple I had, and a tiny bit on some red spots on my nose tongue.gif I just didn't want it clog the pores on my nose any worse then *I* think they are, so that I would get a pimple. Seems to be my bad spot, on my nose and one or two on my chin.

I use Maybelline Wonder Finish. It is non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, won't clog pores, all day wear, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and dermatologist tested.

Says all that right on the back! It's nice and thin, but I get oily quite quickly, so I mix it with Revlon Colorstay make-up which is thicker. It also is non-comedogenic, fragrance-free and dermatologist tested. So far, I'm liking the combination.

I change my foundations quite often and seems to help. Always, always wash your hands well before applying.