Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nice_helenuk

nice_helen's Accutane diary

hey babes : ) ur skin looks awesome hunny! i read all ur diary and i wanna go on tane sooooon to : ) just found this site and its awesome! wanna no what happens next with u and mr tom!!! hook up with him girl if hes avalible - he sounds so cute!! gonna make my own diary when i start on tane : ) go girl!!

5 MONTHS 1 WEEK

Hello folks,

Hope you are all doing well and thanks for the responses and general support. A special mention for Mr Tom - it was great to chat to you on the phone the other day and a real shame that I missed your visit to Ox. Sorry if I sounded a bit groggy when we spoke - I think I was still 50% asleep whilst talking to you. Have fun skiing! :cool: Oh, and I forgot to mention that the link to the winter skills course looks perfect. I'm thinking of booking something when I'm organised.

As for going on accutane, Ellie - yes DO IT NOW. It's just been the best thing that has happened to me in ages and I know my acne isn't even as bad as some people's. If acne is bothering you then it's definately worth it and worth fighting for it if you doctor initially says no. I've had a problem with acne since I was about 13 and the only regrets I have about accutane is that I didn't push for it earlier.

So, now my little rant is over, I should say that things are going just great!! :dance::dance::dance: Really no red spots at all and the blackheads are pretty much all gone too. I've been good with my medication this week - trying very hard to remember to take all three tablets each day. Hands, face and lips a bit dry but it's no big deal.

I did a tablet count the other day and reckon I have about 100 to go. That's just over 1 month's worth. :lol:

All for now,

Love Helen xxx

Hi Helen, looking pretty foxy in your pics if you don't mind me saying. I bet your loving being clear! I'm still right at the start of my course so I need the odd success story for inspiration. So thank you very much

Hi Helen, looking pretty foxy in your pics if you don't mind me saying. I bet your loving being clear! I'm still right at the start of my course so I need the odd success story for inspiration. So thank you very much

just read this guys log and hes got a gurlfriend!

ur skin is amazing in the pics babe. im really glad its workin for you. im goin to my derm this week to get on it asap! keep the updates coming sister!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the comments. Well, not much to say really, but just getting annoyed with work, so thought I'd log on. I have until I go to bed tonight to learn everything that I'm *supposed* to know about my reasearch topic, so I don't look tooooooo stupid tyring to teach it tommorrow. :mad:

Anyway, I've definately been getting slightly more stressed recently. :mad: It's not as if I've been getting angry or anything, just always feel tense in my body -as if I could do with some excercise or a nice bath. But even after I've tried that it doesn't help. Wondering if it could possible be the accutane and particularly the fact that I've been remembering to take my tablets more regularly. However, I really don't feel there's enough evidence to say as there are so many factors involved in this sort of thing.

Lips are definately drier this week too. Reckon it might be coz I've lost my trusty 'softlips' balm. I'm aking do with Neutrogena, which just insn't as good. Again, may be due to increase in dose.

Better do some work. :naughty:

Helen xxxxx

Is David Rogers still teaching Disease? His lectures used to get loads of undergrads just to watch him pace up and down in these really funny jeans. And Karen Day? She was my tutor at Hertford...powerful woman, knew too much about mosquitoes for my liking, but really nice! The biggest star in Zoology was an eccentric guy called Henry Bennet-Clark who was into insect locomotion, and did this amazing impression of a crab walking backwards in the lecture theatre. Stuff of legends.

Am bored too. Meant to be updating 30 'Individual Educational Plans' for my little angels, but am eating toast and surfing on here. Distraction welcome.

Hi Tom,

Yes, they're all still here. I don't know any of them really, but recognize their faces. I have met Karen Day a couple of times and, yes, she's perhaps a bit scarry. I've definately not seen the crab inpression. I would remember something like that!

Well, it's 16 minutes past midnight and I think I just about might be able to enlighten 'the great unwashed' (undergraduates) in the details of HIV cytotoxic t-lymphocyte escape mutants. I just hope they're more overwhelmed than I am with the whole thing.

Must go home and go to bed.

Goodnight

Helen xxx

How did today go Helen? Was thinking of your lymphocyte mutants as we enjoyed a wicked St David's Day eating Welsh cakes and playing in the snow and not much else at school : :wavey: x

hey guys,

Tom, well the tutorials were OKish but not great. :genius: I heard myelf saying " hmm, I'm not really sure about that " far too many times! :confused: Oh well; life goes on. Actually feel less stressed now, which is good. :wavey:

Littleladylola...good luck wit accutane. Really hope it helps and doesn't cause too many side fects in the mean time.

:box:

Bye

Helen xx

Oh forgot to mention..it snowed here in Oxford today too! Yipee :dance:

(Not really enough to have fun in though)

Hi Helen

Hope everything is still going well. I was going to say that I’m just putting a little note on your log because it’s the early hours of Sunday morning and I wanted to wish a fellow UKer luck but it’s actually just because I really fancy you.

Maybe Mr. Tom and I will have to battle it out for your affections. How about a good old old fashioned duel. At Dawn. With pistols. You can watch and swoon before being whisked away by the lucky victor. I think I need to go to bed. Night x

A duel.... :box:.....Sounds good to me!!! (as long as no-one acually gets killed, of course).

Things going pretty well but lips are very dry. I'm trying to resist smiling (or eating big pieces of food) too much coz it's causing cracks in the side mouth.

Hope you're all doing well.

Love Helen xxx

Hi Guys,

Well, it's about time a wrote an update, I think.

Things going pretty week, but not really as good a week or so ago when I took my last set of pics. Seems I've always got a couple of red spots on the goes at any timeplus a few blackheads too Of course, a couple of spots really isn't a bit deal for an old timer like me, but it's still a bit dissapointing to think this stuff isn't the absolutely perfect solution that I once dreamed it might be.

Lips are improving since I messed them up by using crap lypsyl for a day. They cracked really badly at the sides and made me look like 'the joker' from Batman. Only now starting to get back to normal.

Done another pill coount and reckon I've around 40 pills left. I'm a bit worried about what will happen when I stop taking them. Do people see an increase in spots after they're not on it any more - does any know?

Well, just realised I must be boring anyone who's read this far. Can't think of anything fun or witty to write. Sorry - I'll add a random selection of emoticons to make up for it.

:popcorn::shrug::comfort::bah::turtle::ninja::wall:

Helen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Things going pretty week, but not really as good a week or so ago when I took my last set of pics. Seems I've always got a couple of red spots on the goes at any timeplus a few blackheads too Of course, a couple of spots really isn't a bit deal for an old timer like me, but it's still a bit dissapointing to think this stuff isn't the absolutely perfect solution that I once dreamed it might be.

:wavey:

Feeling your niggling frustration at the odd one or two beat-the-tane spots Helen. Just when things seemed to be 100% clear, I've had three in the last week. Deflating to the ego, but trying to keep the ol' perspective. Won't be in Oxford this weekend because of a stag do....not mine, a mate's....but still need to drop off those photographs so will make it there before Easter. He says. Bet the snow was belting up in Snowdonia! Hope all is warm and well Helen, as ever, Mr T

Hi Helen

I know what you mean. I’ve bene doing really well recently but today I’ve had quite a few new spots appear and not only that but my general skin tone looks worse too. It’s all very disheartening. I stupidly thought I was home and dry and that all I needed to do now was get through the rest of the course and that would finish them off for good.

I’m still hoping that’s the case but this feels like a real set back. I hope we both improve soon.

Hey Guys (my favourite guys, in fact)

Yeah seems like we're all having the same experience. But must stress ..stil really pleased with everything overal.

Hey Tom - shame you can't make it to Ox this weekend as I was looking forward to meeting you in person...I'm sure you'll have more fun at a stag do though. Seems ike all your mates are getting married. Our weekend in Snowdonia was great. We walked, we pubbed and we bonded - not in the same way your collegues have done though. Strangely enough, there wasn't much snow where we were, excet a bit right on top of Snowdon. Then traveling back on Sunday it seemed the rest of Wales was thick with it. It all looked really pretty. Did you get any where you were?

Hey Shunts - how do you like living in Southampton? Do you ever go over to the Isle of Wight - my 'real home.

Helen xxx

Hi Helen

Good to know I’m ‘one’ of your favourites.

Southampton is OK but it’s a very average kind of place. I’m sure Oxford is much nicer. I do go to the IOW sometimes although not as much as I used to. My grandparents used to live there but I still sometimes go over in the summer. There’s quite a nice pub over there where you can sit outside and overlook the sea. People jump off the roof into the sea. Do you know the one?

If you’re ever down tis way on your way to the island, you’ll have to let me know and I’ll try and persuade you to make your number 1 favourite!

How’s everything going now anyway? Hope you’re still happy with the results

Hi Helen!

Just wanted to let you know that I've been keeping up with your journal ....our acne is very similar. You have a beautiful face and I think you are a cool gal. :angel: All my best! -LT

Hello lovely people,

Well I seems like a very long time since I've written anything. Things have been hectic as I've been in the US. Currently in Woods Hole near Boston for a conference. Gave my talk today - went OK ish, but not great! Only got asked two questions afterwards. Means that I suceeded in my ultimate goal of rushing things and making no sense at all, to avoid many people asking anything difficult at the end.

It's my first time in the US...it's nice but slightly strange. Everything is a lot more spread out than I had imagined. Everyone drives seriously big petrol guzzlers. I always knew this, but somehow I didn't realise quite to what extent. They all have these 'trucks' which fit two passangers, but can move half a house. Useful, at times, but surely impracticable in the main???

Anyway..Americans reading this...I love you all really. Actually everyone is very polite here.

Went mountain-biking through Death Valley during my stay on the west coat. Very fun trip and highly reccomended. Only problem is that I forgot to put sunblock on my hands. Next day I had real blisters all over them. I've never had sunburn quite that bad before..accutane maybe??

Also went to visit a friend (well he's also my ex) in LA...stupid idea...ruined my trip overall and looking forward to getting back home to normality in Ox tomorrow.

Well...as for the skin. Things going OK. I've been totally crap at taking my tablets. I've not taken any for about 10 days. I could have had them finished in this time. Only one red spot, but still got a fair few blackheads. I really wanted to see them dissapear, but I'm now coming to terms with the idea they may live on indefinately. I can't help wondering if this is due to the irrelgularity with which I've been taking my medication - something I regret now.

What have other people found - do blackheads dissapear on this stuff? Would love to know..

Anyway, will go to bed.

Helen xxx

Hi Helen

Didn’t realise what an international jet setting super star you are. I’m very impressed. Were you flown out to America by Oxford Uni to give a talk or something? I’m sure it went well though and the lack of questions was probably because you covered your subject in so much detail and explained things so well that there was no need for questions. What was your subject anyway?

I know what you mean about the US. They have way too much room over there! Hope you’re back in Oxford safely now and you’ve left your ex behind you! I’m glad I never have to see my ex.

As for the black heads, I’m afraid that I can’t really help you with that. I’ve never really suffered with them. I did have a blackhead phase for a couple of weeks early in my ‘tane career but they just disappeared one day. Good but strange. Like me!

Hi Shunts and anyone else reading tis,

Thanks for you continued support. Hope things are going well.

It feels nice to be back home again, even though I haven't done anything other than eat, sleep and tidy up all day. It was stange when I got back actually. All the spring flowers in my garden have come out since I've been away. I never thought someting like that could improve my outlook of the day so much, but it did. They look so pretty.

As for being an international jet-setting superstar...well more like a lazy PhD student who tries to wangle free trips on my research grant. Unfortunately it backfired this time when my supervisor thought it would be a good oportunity to tuffen me up by making me do a talk. I'm doing research into HIV - mathematical modelling stuff.

Anyway, have a goodday inOSuthamptom. Gppd luck with your new business. How exciting. I don't think I'd ever have the courage to start my own business. What are yourplans.

Helen xx

Hello Lovely People,

Well, I dare say that no-one is reading this any more, but I'm bored and thought I should give an update.

Finished the course a few weeks,maybe a couple of months ago now. Skin really not doing as well as I had hoped and definately not as well as when I was stick taking the drugs. Have stope taking dianeete which I always relied on, so wondering if that is part of the rproblem. Will start dianette up again ths week (which is a shame as I really wanted to be drug-free from now on). Also got some differin, but skin's a bit dry and sensitive for it at the moment.

All for now,

Helen xx