Notifications
Clear all

Vicks Vapour Rub on cysts

MemberMember
(@sally)

Posted : 06/16/2003 11:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I read a post somehwere that said Vicks vapor rub worked on cysts. So I rubbed some on 2 nights in a row, and today the inflammation and redness went down significantly. I've had this cyst for about 2.5 days only so I'm surprised it subsided so quickly-- usually takes couple of weeks.

I'm not sure if it's just a fluke so maybe more people will like to try to see if it really works!

Put some directly on the cyst, not too large an area which may block pores..

MemberMember
(@njacobs)

Posted : 06/17/2003 1:44 am

Vaporub ingredients:

Active Ingredients:

4.8% Camphor (cough suppressant, nasal decongestant & topical analgesic)

2.6% Menthol (cough suppressant, nasal decongestant & topical analgesic)

1.2% Eucalyptus oil (cough suppressant & nasal decongestant)

Inactive Ingredients:

Cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, special petrolatum, thymol, and turpentine oil.

I personally wouldn't use it, but to each his/her own...

MemberMember
(@sally)

Posted : 06/17/2003 1:55 am

did a search on several websites on camphor and oil of eucalyptus and also came up with anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and analgesic..

MemberMember
(@js7478)

Posted : 06/18/2003 3:37 pm

how is the cyst now? i have them as well, and i have one that is starting to come out on my face and i want to catch it before it gets out of control like it has in the past!! if this works please post an update!!! I'd love to know!!

MemberMember
(@sally)

Posted : 06/19/2003 1:08 am

the cyst is not gone, but it is much flatter and softer, it seems to be resolving, redness is minimal.

The thing is I don't know if it's the vicks or not because I'm also on antibiotics. In the past antibiotics have not done anything for my cysts.

The only reason I tried this is because I read an old post, saw a bottle on my table and used it out of desperation.

try it.. it may or may not work. Do post your results!

MemberMember
(@jfawkes)

Posted : 07/05/2013 4:34 pm

This really does work! I really did not think that it would since nothing ever seems to do anything for my acne. I get those huge, painful cysts that are the size of dimes and don't go away for two weeks and then leave a scar for another few weeks. I started to feel two big cysts forming the other night and it was the day before a big holiday weekend so I panicked. I ran to Kroger and got some Vick's and put it on them. I could tell that they had reduced in size after only an hour and when I woke up they were much smaller. Usually, they get bigger and bigger for a few days then stay huge then take forever to get smaller. After the second night, I could barely feel them and I think they will probably be gone after tonight. They never even got to the point where anyone could see them! I can just feel them under my skin. I am so grateful for this!! Try it!!! It also works for normal pimples too and makes them go away super fast. My face is the clearest it has been in like 8 months after only 2 days of this. I just have some red marks that I can cover with concealer and will fade eventually.