Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dpboyz

A Peel correct destroy my face!

Hey, sorry that this isn't related to the topic but this thread seems to be getting a lot of hits with people who know about the peeling process.  I have red marks and what looks like might be possible scars (little tiny pin head guys, but they don't seem to be indented).  Anyways, I never actually peel when I do Glycolic peels, but I have only done 30% ones and I did my first 40% one today, but once I did peel a little and one of  my red marks reduced drastically.  So anyways, would you guys recommend a strong peel such as A Peel for my red marks?

I did not use Super CP serum during my application of A-peel on my face. The only few mistakes I made during the process were 1) I should not use my DDF Salicylic wash to clean my face; 2) I should not apply to the area behind my ear; 3) I knew Retin A related products normally leave small patches on my face, I should do some test before applying it.

Super CP serum does not make me break out, but the DDF 10% Glycolic gel makes me break out! I think it tries to clean my skin.

My face is forming crusts now and the redness has gone. Therefore, my skin is not ruin. The only bad part is waiting period for my skin to turn back to normal. My skin feels like it has wax on top of it, it is very strange.

I used Retin A gel before and exposed my face under the sun. Basically it does the same thing as the A peel, but it is a more clean peeling experience.

If you use Retin A and apply 10% glycolic toner made by DDF on your face at the same time, your skin will frost and form crusts too. It's another way of peeling your skin.

Just got back from Derm's office. I got a cortisone shot and all my redness was gone immediately. It was amazing!! My doctor told me that my skin will be heeled in three days!! it's a good news.

Just got back from Derm's office.  I got a cortisone shot and all my redness was gone immediately.  It was amazing!! My doctor told me that my skin will be heeled in three days!! it's a good news.

yes, he told me that since I have not used retin A for a while, I should not put such a high concerntration of retina A product on my face. The strongest concentration I should put on my face is 0.1%.

Further, he believed my face is irritated. He gave a cortisone shot and my redness immediately went away. He said that Retin A, salicylic acid and glycolic acid are all good products, but I can't overuse them.

My face will be peeling for the next few days. He recommended me to only use water to clean my face, but my face is oily.

He wants me to have a series of Intense Pulse Light treatments, which will help me to get rid of red marks and improve the appearance of scars. I will go to his office in two weeks to get my IPL treatment.

Finally, don't ever put retin A on you neck area. It does not have much of oil glands and Retina A can cause severe irritation.

Does this Apeel helps also with hyperpigmentation.I read that there is no downtime

with this peel,but this thread shows me that there is

No downtime? I started my first application on thursday night, then I applied it again on Friday night. On Sataurday, my skin starts to look horrible. Today is Tuesdy already, and I am still staying home. I plan to stay home until Thursday because my skin tone is uneven after the peel. My neck still has scabs. the area under my eyes form a think crust. It's not prety at all and this is one of the bigeest mistake that I have ever done in my life. I will be ok soon since I consulted my derm and he gave my a cortisone shot.

dpboyz,

I am glad you are starting to get normal looking again. Maybe the scabbing will give you better results. I can't afford to hammer my skin until probably Thanksgiving time so I wll take it easy for now.

I agree. for some people, there is no downtime. Since I have used so many different products, my skin is sensitive and I should have taken it easy.

My skin is ok now. I am just waiting foir the scab to come off. I think if you use it right, it is just like using Retin-a.

My face is actually fine now. Some scabs starts to fall off and the new skin is soft like baby's skin. It's not bad at all! I still need a few days to assess the condition.

My point is: if your face is swollen after the peel, go get a cortisone shot and your face will be healed in no time.

My face is actually fine now.  Some scabs starts to fall off and the new skin is soft like baby's skin.  It's not bad at all! I still need a few days to assess the condition. 

My point is: if your face is swollen after the peel, go get a cortisone shot and your face will be healed in no time.

Is it really that strong? Is it stronger than 15%TCA? So how is ur skin now? Do you still think A peel destroyed your face?

It depends on your skin type. I think I applied it too much on my face because I left the A-correct cream on my face overnight for two nights. I also used Salicylic wash to clean my face during the process, which further irritated me skin.

My skin formed scabs just like doing TCA peel. I personally think if you want to get a better result, your skin has to form scabs or crust.

I did 25% TCA peel and the downtime of it was 10 days. I would say the downtime for A-correct peel if you use it aggressively is 4 to 6 days. TCA peel is still a stronger peel and it gives you a cleaner peel (it formed cabs evenly on your face). However, I would never do TCA peel at home. You will really ruin your skin if you don't know what you are doing.

I think if you use A-correct peel correctly, it does improve the appearance of your complexion. But After experiencing various kinds of peels, I think Glycolic peel and Salicylic peels are more suitable for me. I don't like to have downtimes and my scars are not that bad anyway. I just think it is too harsh to do A correct peel everyweek.

It depends on your skin type.  I think I applied it too much on my face because I left the A-correct cream on my face overnight for two nights.  I also used Salicylic wash to clean my face during the process, which further irritated me skin. 

My skin formed scabs just like doing TCA peel.  I personally think if you want to get a better result, your skin has to form scabs or crust. 

I did 25% TCA peel and the downtime of it was 10 days.  I would say the downtime for A-correct peel if you use it aggressively is 4 to 6 days.  TCA peel is still a stronger peel and it gives you a cleaner peel (it formed cabs evenly on your face). However, I would never do TCA peel at home.  You will really ruin your skin if you don't know what you are doing.

I think if you use A-correct peel correctly, it does improve the appearance of your complexion. But After experiencing various kinds of peels, I think Glycolic peel and Salicylic peels are more suitable for me.  I don't like to have downtimes and my scars are not that bad anyway.  I just think it is too harsh to do A correct peel everyweek.

Yeah I think everyone has different skin type. But good luck w/ A peel. I think I will wait it out and see if there are any good reviews from others. I am sure A peel would make me peel or scab like dpboyz since I have sensitive skin. I don't like being stuck @ home for a week anymore for doing peels. It drives me crazy. I'll have to try not to do it too often.

Is Apeel a safe approved product?

Who makes Julie's formulations?

I duno...I was sent an ingredient list with my last order, but I threw it away because I didnt really care what was in it all I cared was that it worked for me.