Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nancy

glycolic peel 40%

I did this saturday. Today im still a little red and shinny bc of the aquaphor i put on. I alos have brown patches on certain areas of my face. i think the peel worked more strongly than expected? Do any of u have this same experience? If so when do these patches go away? Is there a way of accelerating the peeling?

thanks

Hi Nancy,

What you're experiencing is basically normal. I had purchased some glycolic acid (30%-50%) off the net. When I received the acid I read the instructions carefully, so I would know what to expect.

The effects are: tightening of the skin, flaking, scabs (probably the brown patches on your skin, as it is the same on mine) and redness. They are all part of the peeling process. Just make sure you don't pick or pull the scabs off. It usually takes a full week for my skin to heal. But I am sure each person varies.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Aah...the club of entry level Glycolic =D>

I have the 30% (from homepeels), bought it along with the CP serum (also from same company). Yes, your skin can definitely get irritated by this. I brushed it on the upper cheek under my eyes, boooooy.....that thing stung like a thousand bees!! Just like Miss_P said, flaking and scabbing are expected, just put some aloe vera gel to cool it off, it will go away in a few days

Obi.

thanks for all the advise. you guys are great. Been looking at this site forever. Love this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a way of accelerating the peeling?

1. use a good moisteriser

2. Always use a SPF suncreen of 15 or more

isn't it a bit risky to do peels at home by yourself. A week to recover, but when can you go out the house without anyone noticing that your skin is red, flaky and scabby?

No thank goodness i wasnt doing it at home!. This was at the derm office. I listened to my intuition and decided to go the derm. I was thinking that if i go at least once to a proffessional then i will have more confident in myself maybe to try it at home since u know the routine already by the secone time. besides there might be complications. eVeryone does not react the same way. Anwayz, for my 1st time of using this peel for only 1 min the chemical penetrated deeper than expected. Even after washing with water it was still stinging. The doctor had to stop the rxn immediately with cortisone and other ointments. Imagine wut would happen if i did this at home and didnt know how to treat such complications. I think i would mess up my skin even more. Thank goodness for the doctor. I think im doin all my peel at the doc from now on. im too chicken to try it at home. I saw the doc today and he said even though he expected a light peel on my skin it was more of the medium peel.