Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beatzzz

MY ACCUTANE JOURNAL!!!! PICS WEEKLY

DAY 21, SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2005

yup, yup, yup, So I'm finally back to work tonight so I decided to post before I go in @ 7pm. I've been off for a week because I did my test for unberthing vessels under 70kSDWT's (70 thousand summer dead weight tonnage) and they usually give me a break so I dont hop right back on the shift, I work tonight, then tomorrow night, then i'm off four days again before I hop back on my regular shift which is four on/four off Two Mornings/Two nights 12 hrs/day...

Anyway my journey with that tane hasn't been so different, I'm still going through periods where I wake up and it seems as if it's clearing, and then by mid day I see these mild breakouts again...It doesn't really matter to me I'm still in the early part of my journey and I've already put it in my head that I'm not gonna see any drastic results very soon, so just stick it out and do the damn thing will ya!!! However, my lips are very dry and I dont really mind having to lube them up very often, but I dont want them to become broken where I have cuts and then I start lookin like a freak or something. Like I said earlier at first when my lips started gettin dry and peeling I didnt mind becuase it brought a very healthy pink layer that I really like and haven't seen from I was about 15. other than that everything's all good, no side effects, no headaches or anything!!!

Guy form u.k....

What's up dude? I'll keep this short...I actually was trying to find a way I could get you to hear my song before you even asked...I also wanted to show you a pic of my setup but this website is saying my global space left is "9.8k" which is not enough to post anything...is there anyway I can remove my other pics? How do I get more global space?

Thats cool. just hit me up as soon as you can post any of it. Hows the tane going? Stay strong and focused dude. Im only on week 2 man shock.gif

Day 28, September 22nd, 2005

Well as you guys probably know I've been thrown out of the room for 2 days, for making rude comments to vanessa. For this, I am sorry. Anyway, so I went to my derm yesterday, and he didn't give me the liver function test, he said that 20 MGS for the first month would have definitely not done anything to my liver, so I asked for a higher dosage, this is where his wisdom with the tane's costs came in to effect because instead of givin me 40, or 60 MGS for the next month, My derm gave me 60, 20MG pills, and told me I can mix and match any which way I felt, and at the end of this october he will definitely do the liver function. (I would have completed 2 months) So anyway, I'm gonna take 40 MGS per day, one in the morning and one 20 MG pill in the evening.

As far as my face, It's getting there slowy but surely. I am definitely having ups and downs, and having periods where I think it's gettin clear, then I get a break out again. Through it all I guess it'll be worth it, I'll just stick with it, I just get really sad when my friends (who havent seen me in a month or 2) comes out and says, "Dude, what happend to ur face?" See, I grew up as the "pretty boy" of the clique, and this is definitely an OMEN that I refuse to let take my life over...

Next week Jay-z, Kanye west, 50 cents, and tens of other hip hop and r&b artists are gonna be in the bahamas for a hip hop summit. This group that I produce a record for is gonna be performing at the summit and they invited me to perform with them but I dont know If I wanna go, or if I will have the confidence, think about it, I dont wanna meet ciara with my face looking like shit!!! what happened to my good looks? Jay-z probly wudn't even take a pic with me, and that's all I want a pic with Jay-z and that whole ride down to tranquility shores will be worth it....

Stay tuned I'll post again soon and definitely consider my options for the Summit...Peace!

Day 28, September 22nd, 2005

Well as you guys probably know I've been thrown out of the room for 2 days, for making rude comments to vanessa. For this, I am sorry.  Anyway, so I went to my derm yesterday,  and he didn't give me the liver function test, he said that 20 MGS for the first month would have definitely not done anything to my liver, so I asked for a higher dosage, this is where his wisdom with the tane's costs came in to effect because instead of givin me 40, or 60 MGS for the next month, My derm gave me 60, 20MG pills,  and told me I can mix and match any which way I felt, and at the end of this october he will definitely do the liver function. (I would  have completed 2 months)  So anyway, I'm gonna take 40 MGS per day, one in the morning and one 20 MG pill in the evening.

As far as my face, It's getting there slowy but surely.  I am definitely having ups and downs, and having periods where I think it's gettin clear, then I get a break out again.  Through it all I guess it'll be worth it, I'll just stick with it, I just get really sad when my friends (who havent seen me in a month or 2) comes out and says, "Dude, what happend to ur face?" See,  I grew up as the "pretty boy" of the clique, and this is definitely an OMEN that I refuse to let take my life over...

Next week Jay-z, Kanye west, 50 cents, and tens of other hip hop and r&b artists are gonna be in the bahamas for a hip hop summit.  This group that I produce a record for is gonna be performing at the summit and they invited me to perform with them but I dont know If I wanna go, or if I will have the confidence, think about it, I dont wanna meet ciara with my face looking like shit!!! what happened to my good looks?  Jay-z probly wudn't even take a pic with me, and that's all I want a pic with Jay-z and that whole ride down to tranquility shores will be worth it....

Stay tuned I'll post again soon and definitely consider my options for the Summit...Peace!

DAY 33, SEPTEMBER 27TH 2005

Well well, I'm sure u guys notice that i dont post daily like i used to, It's just that I dont get very much feeback so I figured I'd just post a couple times a week so that when I'm all done atleast I can read back on my "beautiful struggle"...I don't mind that not too many people are interested in walking with me, however I am still happy that I can go through with it, and I'm always still happy to help ppl with w/e questions they may have that I may be able to answer.

My face today on day 33 is soooooo Unpredictable...Accuntane hasn't been consistant at all. One day I'm thinking like it's gettin better, and better, but then right then is when I get another shitface breakout!!! I'm sooo anxious. I just wanna get it over with...I've moved my dosage from 20 per day in the first month, to 40MGS on even days, and 60 on odd...My doctor didnt prescribed a dosage, instead he gave me 60 pills and told me I can mix em however i pleased, so I decided to go with the above dosages...This ultimately means I will run out of pills before next month's out, and I hope im not broke then because I have to do my liver function as well as my new RX..... my face isnt so good right now, white heads, blackheads, a few pimples...My lips are VERY DRY AND HORRIBLE LOOKING, they never stop peeling...My confidence level has dipped again, and to make matters worst friends who haven't seen me a few months are askin me questions like "how come i'm breakin out" etc. causin me to lose even more confidence...I'm stressed overall and my girl who lives 80 odd miles away doesnt know whats bothering me....

Overall I can say that I'm improving, Unfornately, very Slowly.

So long day 33!

Just reading all your entries man, just stick with it. I'm starting tommorrow and I think I relate most to you. Well, my doc is starting me higher, cause I weigh more. I also used to be advit in the music scene, now I just sit at home, writing down lyrics that no one can hear em. If you get to meet Jigga, meet Jigga. ODB wasn't that attractive of a man, Jigga cares less about appearance and more about talent. Truth.

My face today on day 33 is soooooo Unpredictable...Accuntane hasn't been consistant at all. One day I'm thinking like it's gettin better, and better, but then right then is when I get another shitface breakout!

Hey beatzzz, don't get discouraged about not receiving stacks of feedback. Most of the members here are much like me; we mostly read and only post when necessary. And I can definately relate to your situation where you have to see your friends in your 'current' condition. When my friends saw me at my worst, it wasn't what they said that got me heated, it was their look which came across as; "dam...what the fuck happen to you???" Of course you'll also get those silent jokes when they bag on your face from the back if you all are out somewhere, but...what can you do. I know. If you hear some of your boys cracking on your face from the rear you just stop the whole pack, just stop it right there, go to the main 'boy' whose starting the joke-fest, grab his face, look him directly in the eye and rub your cheeks all over his and tell him this:

Welcome to the club BITCH!!!

Stay strong, otherwise the terrorists win.

PEACE

Hey man, i can relate to your struggle. I had moderate acne since i was 12, but at age 18 i got so sick of it i started trying everything.

And i have really fucked up my skin.

Now i'm 20 recently went to a derm (should have done this at age 14) and she gave me 30 mg/day (though i'm 6'3 , 183 lbs). After 2 months i'm clear, but i have side-effects (redness), i think i'm very sensitive to this drug. I think you'll end up fine as long as you keep taking it, and dont do harsh stuff with your face.

When it kicks in after a month or two-three you'll be happy as a fish in the sea.

Good luck.

RIP to your friend.

WEEK 6: DAY 42: OCTOBER 6TH, 2005

Wow, I can't believe it's day 42 already, the days are flying! Thank god because I can't wait until this is over! Well, My skin isnt doing so well...I'm still breaking out and my lips are TOTALLY damaged/chapped/hurting...I've not been moisterizing like I should, for some reason I think this slows down the tane, but now I'm starting to think I'm wrong. My face still has active acne, there are hard lump like patches developing where some of the acne used to be. This feels very weird. I read in a post somewhere that someone was prescribed a steroid type drug to stop the swelling...On my First month's check up this is Exactly what my derm told me he's gonna get me on the next time he sees me. Anyone familiar with this? Anyway for some weird reason a HUGE bump broke out on my nose a few days ago and by today it was VERY dry so I decided to pick it (actually I couldnt resist as HARD as I tried) and the bump was very dry but the new skin underneath looks HORRIBLE and I hope it doesn't scar. I'm such a picker! Anyway, I'll just take one step at a time and try my best to keep my hands away from my face...

So Long day 42!

Wow, I can't believe it's day 42 already, the days are flying!  Thank god because I can't wait until this is over!  Well, My skin isnt doing so well...I'm still breaking out and my lips are TOTALLY damaged/chapped/hurting...I've not been moisterizing like I should, for some reason I think this slows down the tane, but now I'm starting to think I'm wrong.  My face still has active acne, there are hard lump like patches developing where some of the acne used to be.  This feels very weird.  I read in a post somewhere that someone was prescribed a steroid type drug to stop the swelling...On my First month's check up this is Exactly what my derm told me he's gonna get me on the next time he sees me.  Anyone familiar with this?  Anyway for some weird reason a HUGE bump broke out on my nose a few days ago and by today it was VERY dry so I decided to pick it (actually I couldnt resist as HARD as I tried) and the bump was very dry but the new skin underneath looks HORRIBLE and I hope it doesn't scar.  I'm such a picker!  Anyway, I'll just take one step at a time and try my best to keep my hands away from my face...

So Long day 42!

Wow, I can't believe it's day 42 already, the days are flying!  Thank god because I can't wait until this is over!  Well, My skin isnt doing so well...I'm still breaking out and my lips are TOTALLY damaged/chapped/hurting...I've not been moisterizing like I should, for some reason I think this slows down the tane, but now I'm starting to think I'm wrong.  My face still has active acne, there are hard lump like patches developing where some of the acne used to be.  This feels very weird.  I read in a post somewhere that someone was prescribed a steroid type drug to stop the swelling...On my First month's check up this is Exactly what my derm told me he's gonna get me on the next time he sees me.  Anyone familiar with this?  Anyway for some weird reason a HUGE bump broke out on my nose a few days ago and by today it was VERY dry so I decided to pick it (actually I couldnt resist as HARD as I tried) and the bump was very dry but the new skin underneath looks HORRIBLE and I hope it doesn't scar.  I'm such a picker!   Anyway, I'll just take one step at a time and try my best to keep my hands away from my face...

So Long day 42!

any ideas eusa_doh.gif

Wow, I can't believe it's day 42 already, the days are flying!? Thank god because I can't wait until this is over!? Well, My skin isnt doing so well...I'm still breaking out and my lips are TOTALLY damaged/chapped/hurting...I've not been moisterizing like I should, for some reason I think this slows down the tane, but now I'm starting to think I'm wrong.? My face still has active acne, there are hard lump like patches developing where some of the acne used to be.? This feels very weird.? I read in a post somewhere that someone was prescribed a steroid type drug to stop the swelling...On my First month's check up this is Exactly what my derm told me he's gonna get me on the next time he sees me.? Anyone familiar with this?? Anyway for some weird reason a HUGE bump broke out on my nose a few days ago and by today it was VERY dry so I decided to pick it (actually I couldnt resist as HARD as I tried) and the bump was very dry but the new skin underneath looks HORRIBLE and I hope it doesn't scar.? I'm such a picker!?  Anyway, I'll just take one step at a time and try my best to keep my hands away from my face...

So Long day 42!

any ideas eusa_doh.gif

Damn bro, I've been on tane for 2 months, started on 20mgs a day for a month and bumped it up to 40 then 60. I'm 97KG, bout 210 pounds, doing a lot of of exercise (weights and martial arts). So far the tane has been a freaking roller coaster, good days and bad. Hopefully we'll both see some good results too.