Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenew

deciding on accutane... please help with any advic

I have moderate acne like about 10 active pimples and plenty of marks from old ones, but when i get breakouts it is alot more then that. Do u think i should try accutane? will my derm even let me? and is it worth the side effects? also I have real bad breakouts during wrestling which is coming up? Thank you all sooo much for any advice?

thenew,

no one here can tell whether you should go on Accutane or not, that is a decision for you, your parents (if you are under age) and your doctor.

Talk with your parents about your skin, see what they think.

good luck.

I would strongly recommend that you do not use it. I have witnessed some horrible things happen to people as a result.

Make sure you thoroughly trial the Regimen first. You may find your acne is sufficiently helped with that.

Much better than spending the rest of your life with the likely side-effects of Accutane.

I would strongly recommend that you do not use it.  I have witnessed some horrible things happen to people as a result.

Make sure you thoroughly trial the Regimen first.  You may find your acne is sufficiently helped with that.

Much better than spending the rest of your life with the likely side-effects of Accutane.

In several different men in their earlier 20s...

Feelings of depression - very common

Lack of self-motivation and 'drive'

Decreased sexual ability

Only something I would recommend as a last resort. I mean a LAST resort.

Have you tried the Regimen properly yet?

I have moderate acne like about 10 active pimples and plenty of marks from old ones, but when i get breakouts it is alot more then that. Do u think i should try accutane? will my derm even let me? and is it worth the side effects? also I have real bad breakouts during wrestling which is coming up? Thank you all sooo much for any advice?

I did accutane about 11 years ago. (when I was in my early 20s) My face cleared up beautifully...for about 6 months. Then it went back to it's old ways. I wouldn't do it again. My face was drrrrrryyyy and painful. Though the results were beautiful, they didn't last. And I'm not sure if the dry skin is any better than acne'd skin, ya know? I had a pal who used to call me "peely" cause my skin peeled so much using that stuff. It's toxic in my opinion. Plus I had to get a pg test done every month which sucked.

BUT it's totally your decsion. This was just my experience.

My suggestion is to try the regimen first. It's way cheaper and works in about the same amount of time.

Post that here http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showforum=4

Your in the wrong forum.