Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest frogprince

BODYBUILDERS UNITE

Guest frogprince

let's talk about bodybuilding, supplements, diet, programs, etc...

and how their acne is affected.

Last year, May 2004, I went on an intense weight gainin' program.

I was the skinniest guy alive.

I worked out on a 3 day cycle

Chest / Triceps

Back / Biceps

Shoulders / Legs

Day Off

Repeat Cycle.

I started at 116 pounds after 4 months I weight 130. I had gained 14 pounds of lean muscle.

I took EAS Simply Creatine and Designer Whey.

I took the creatine first and I didn't experience any acne.

when I added the designer whey to my regime

I started to experience some zits. So instead of taking whey protein everyday,

I decided that I would only have this supplement 2-3 times a week.

That way, I could still get some of the benefits for my bodybuilding.

However, I remember somebody telling me,

"if you stop, you'll piss away all your gains"

That's what happened. I enjoyed my gains for a while and I got lazy and stopped eating

Unfortunately, I lost all my gains. I am back at approx 116 lbs.

here are my opinions.

In my opinion, it's not the actual Creatine and Whey Protein that breaks people out, it's

all the "extra stuff" they put in it... like the flavoring, sugar, extra ingredients, extra

it's not just the sugar... it's also everything else...like vitamins

Next, a lotta these supplements have become "multi-vitamins" as well.

For me, I break out terribly from Centrum. It took me while to figure out that it was

B Complex breaking me out.

i think the multivitamins like centrum break people out because it is a whole full package that has one or two vitamins that trigger acne. For some people, it's the B complex. For others, it's the iodine. For others, it's the calcium. The fact of the matter is, i think it's best to avoid

a multivitamin all together and just to take vitamins seperately. A lotta people have a hard

time figuring out what is exactly breaking them out in the multivitamin.

I think the reason why I didn't break out from Creatine because I made sure I bought

a product that was PURE creatine. It didn't have ANYTHING Else.

I think a big mistake some people have is that start denouncing creatine for breaking out.but they don't consider that it was the OTHER CRAP were the actual factors breaking them out, not the actual creatine ingredient itself. There are so many creatine products out

I don't remember the Designer Whey Product I got, but I think the reason because I

didn't have too much of it. Most of the bodybuilders take it EVERYDAY. However, with my acne

under control with diet and topicals, I took it something I can indulge in a few times only.

Most my protein is derived from lean meats and my carbs from whole wheat sources.

My opinion is that you can still take some of the supplements and get the rewards for bodybuilding, but don't take them on an everyday basis. If you are on those of people like me who have controlled their acne with diet and topicals, you could

your acne with topicals medications and diet, you could

Again though, with relevance to what I said with Creatine, the whey protein itself

isn't breaking people out. It's all the extra stuff.

Right now, i'm been trying to find a PURE ABSOLUTE PROTEIN DRINK, with ABSOLUTELY

NOTHING ELSE EXCEPT PROTEIN.

I know. I know... it's gonna TASTE REALLY ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

I don't care if it takes disgusting. I REALLY DON'T.

hehehe.. there probably isn't one in the market... I wonder if you get it custom made.

Now, i'm gonna start hittin' the weights again. I believe IT IS POSSIBLE TO GAIN MUSCLE, HAVE A SEXY BODY, and STILL HAVE CLEAR SKIN.

Make no mistake about it, with the diet and supplements ==> ITS VERY TRICKY, but it can

somehow work out. It's a matter of choosing the right supplements you don't break out in.

Anybody with any thing to share? What supplements do you take? what is your diet? your program... etc? How has your face been affected?

Take Care.

hey man i can hlep you out about finding PURE whey protein

http://trueprotein.com/store/comersus_list...p?idCategory=22

that should help you out GREATLY. and its VERY cheap. hope you have allot of good luck.

There was no products that caused me to breakout believe it out not, not even my multivitamin.. That only few things I know of the market that breaks people out is Tribulus and other testerone increasers. I heard about the magical powers of gulggersterones to reduce acne, its as powerful as tetracycline for acne I read on a few studies. never tried it though you can buy it pure.. its found in lipo-6 and a few other products.

Guest frogprince

that should help you out GREATLY. and its VERY cheap. hope you have allot of good luck.

There was no products that caused me to breakout believe it out not, not even my multivitamin.. That only few things I know of the market that breaks people out is Tribulus and other testerone increasers. I heard about the magical powers of gulggersterones to reduce acne, its as powerful as tetracycline for acne I read on a few studies. never tried it though you can buy it pure.. its found in lipo-6 and a few other products.

Guest frogprince

By the way i wanted to add that I am taking

Vitamin C

Vitamin E

Alpha Lipoic Acid

and Flax Seed Oil

These Should be good for bodybuilding AND for the skin.

hey graphite

can you elaborate more on what supplements are you taking? it's great to hear you aren't

breaking out from anything.

next, are you saying "gulggersterones" reduces acne AND is good for bodybuilding?

by the way thx for the recommendation frojm true protein.com ( are you taking these products?)

smile.gif

I'm taking Prolab creapure creatine monohydrate

Controlled Labs Green Bulge (CEE)

Optimum Nutrition 100% whey Protein

Reflex Nexgen multivitamins

Optimum Nutrition fish oil

I have also tried Omega Sports Cre-Ethyl Thunder and Controlled Labs White Blood.

The only thing that may have made me break out was mono. When I first tried mono it was a shit brand and I broke out for 2 weeks, but I have been taking creatine mono for over 6 months straight and haven't had any problems since.

If you want to avoid supps that may make you break out, stay away from ZMA, Tribulous, Molecular Nutrition X-Factor or any PH or AAS.

I have also tried Omega Sports Cre-Ethyl Thunder and Controlled Labs White Blood.

The only thing that may have made me break out was mono. When I first tried mono it was a shit brand and I broke out for 2 weeks, but I have been taking creatine mono for over 6 months straight and haven't had any problems since.

If you want to avoid supps that may make you break out, stay away from ZMA, Tribulous, Molecular Nutrition X-Factor or any PH or AAS.

Guest frogprince

is there any way to tell what creatine will break you out? i bought earth links nutrition pure creatine monohydrate.. do you think that will work? it says it has no additives or fillers and preservatives.

well i guess my skin isnt completely under control.. for the most part it usually is.. but since ive been taking centrum.. ive been breaking out in places i usually dont and more in others.. so im getting off that.. and hopefully my skin will go back to the way it was b4.. ill probbaly start working out again in 1-2 weeks once i get all my supplements.

IMO the best brands of creatine monohydrate are Prolab creatine and AST micronised creatine.

Also, if you have the cash I'd recommend Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE), specifically Omega Sports Cre-Ethyl Thunder or Controlled Labs Green Bulge.

I didn't break out from either of those CEE's.

Guest frogprince
well i guess my skin isnt completely under control.. for the most part it usually is.. but since ive been taking centrum.. ive been breaking out in places i usually dont and more in others.. so im getting off that.. and hopefully my skin will go back to the way it was b4.. ill probbaly start working out again in 1-2 weeks once i get all my supplements.

im pretty sure it was the iodine.. i was also drinking a lot of milk and milk contains 50mcg of zinc per cup.. so i was probably getting 400+mcg a day..

Guest frogprince

do any of you guys know if glutamine causes acne?

i'm considering it as one of my supplements.

another question

what's the difference between whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate?

(i was looking at these at trueprotein.com)

Isolate's faster acting, concentrate is slower acting. There are other differences too, I recommend just mixing the two into one blend. It's not optimum, but unless you live, eat, and breathe bodybuilding then I doubt you're doing everything optimum anyway.

j

I really don't take that many supplements, I mean other than Whey Protein. I really have enough supplements to take as is.

do any of you guys know if glutamine causes acne?

i'm considering it as one of my supplements.

another question

what's the difference between whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate?

(i was looking at these at trueprotein.com)

I just started taking Designer Whey (and another kind of whey protein (which has a little more protein than the Designer Whey) which i alternate between the two for about a week now. I am also having some nasty tasting (lol) Pro Bar protein bars (42grams) for breakfast and my skin is improving still from my last breakout. I wonder if i will breakout from this? I better not... like i said i am getting better but I guess I have to wait.

BTW I am only taking like.... about 30g to 55g (on intense days) a day. Today I had about 60.

Oh yeah. My one friend is taking some kind of soy protein that isnt flavored or anything. He hasnt broken out from that at all and hes been getting some kind of pads for his skin from his derm for a few years now. I dont know if thats anything different though... hes a vegetarian as well.

A problem with creatine that i dont think anyone has addressed is that is is a natural hormone found in your body. This means when you pump extra of one particular type into your body the other try to compensate in varying amounts. Insulin spikes are caused by creatine, although this essentially is good for training it has also been linked to acne, same with the extra testosrone you will be producing.

I do think the main problem it the other crap you have with creatine is causing most of the problems that same with manky protein drinks (full of shite).

As for using creatine for long periods of time (geordie this is for you, you little bastard, six months!!! you promised evil.gif) staying on anything for that length of time is a bad idea, especially whilst taking accutane (evil.gif). The most importants and active part of creatine is that you allow a rest period every four weeks, muscles will just hold water weight without this and the loss will be more dramatic and the improvements less so the longer time you are on it. It does still take a long time and is no quick fix. Rest time for your muscles is need to promote growth. Do not forget it when using creatine.

A  problem with creatine that i dont think anyone has addressed is that is is a natural hormone found in your body. This means when you pump extra of one particular type into your body the other try to compensate in varying amounts. Insulin spikes are caused by creatine, although this essentially is good for training it has also been linked to acne, same with the extra testosrone you will be producing.

I do think the main problem it the other crap you have with creatine is causing most of the problems that same with manky protein drinks (full of shite).

As for using creatine for long periods of time (geordie this is for you, you little bastard, six months!!! you promised evil.gif) staying on anything for that length of time is a bad idea, especially whilst taking accutane (evil.gif). The most importants and active part of creatine is that you allow a rest period every four weeks, muscles will just hold water weight without this and the loss will be more dramatic and the improvements less so the longer time you are on it. It does still take a long time and is no quick fix. Rest time for your muscles is need to promote growth. Do not forget it when using creatine.

Personally if your diet is flawless, supplements are great, aslong as they are the right ones.

Creatine is an amino acid found in foods and also produced in the body, it is completely safe. However I do agree if your using something like accutane which is basically an OD on Vitamin A, then supplements are NOT for you, period. Monohydrate had some extremely minor side-effects (bloating, etc) (personally I did not experience any of them) But with technology we now have CEE which is virtually side-effect free, less serving size, no loading required.

If your worried about it affecting your acne then maybe you should stick to video games and stay out of the gym?

Personally bodybuilding helped my skin, but I can understand how it can affect other's negatively with the increase of testosterone and so forth, especially body-acne wise.

Frogprince: L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in your body, I wouldn't worry about it as far as getting any new breakouts, it may actually help. I personally only use Glutamine when I am cutting. Great for preventing lean muscle mass loss during the carb depletion.

Whey protein and protein drinks are fine. Aslong as they revolve around a balanced diet. I personally have a shake right when I wake up followed by my usual egg whites, fruit and oatmeal 45 minutes later. And I also have it post-workout. But that's it. There's no point to really use it any other time besides post-workout with exception of a quick morning shake. Manky? Far from it. It's essential post-workout, ask any fitness expert. However is whey abused? Definitely. So if you do chhose to use some supplements, first, know what you are taking and why you are taking it. Second, don't abuse it, more does not mean better. And third, which is just as important as first, make sure your diet is flawless, your nurition from real whole foods. If your diet is no good, forget it.

Guest frogprince
Frogprince: L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in your body, I wouldn't worry about it as far as getting any new breakouts, it may actually help. I personally only use Glutamine when I am cutting. Great for preventing lean muscle mass loss during the carb depletion.

Whey protein and protein drinks are fine. Aslong as they revolve around a balanced diet. I personally have a shake right when I wake up followed by my usual egg whites, fruit and oatmeal 45 minutes later. And I also have it post-workout. But that's it. There's no point to really use it any other time besides post-workout with exception of a quick morning shake. Manky? Far from it. It's essential post-workout, ask any fitness expert. However is whey abused? Definitely. So if you do chhose to use some supplements, first, know what you are taking and why you are taking it. Second, don't abuse it, more does not mean better. And third, which is just as important as first, make sure your diet is flawless, your nurition from real whole foods. If your diet is no good, forget it.

thanks revolution

is there any particular brand of glumatine that you or anybody else can recommend?