Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScarFAceWoman

Getting ready to call Plastic Surgeon

Dont want to get burned this time,, I went to the same guy 2x once for laser , second for dermabrasion to fix the mess of the laser ](*,) I am very unhappy with my face and indentations on my cheeks, my sister says nobody even notices, I love her but excuse me, what BS!!! I know i get treated like a leper cause of my scars. I want a boyfriend, a husband, a date! No guys give me the time of day cause my scars. So what questions should i ask the plastic surgeon, they have to be board certified I know.. But I want something cheap as posssible to fill in scars. Please Help. I want something cheap till i can afford something permanent. :D

Do you have any pics that we could check out!!!

Kinda interested in what you see and what your sister see's ... cause often you see the scars as deeper than they really are, but i know it is mostly BS.... i hate my scars but my closest friends say that they don't show that much and i really don't believe them =/

Anyway... hang in there as max5558 said so articullatly =)

Do you have any pics that we could check out!!!

Kinda interested in what you see and what your sister see's ... cause often you see the scars as deeper than they really are, but i know it is mostly BS.... i hate my scars but my closest friends say that they don't show that much and i really don't believe them =/

Anyway... hang in there as max555

No, I don't have any pics.. But I know others see them, because this one day at work, this girl said to me , "At least I don't have dents all over my face",, And that was before my laser and dermabrasion, I think they are worse now. But I think I am very pretty other then my scars, and have a great sense of humor and am very nice.. so if it isnt my scars, then why don't guys approach me or stare at me like they used to? :D

Perhaps you should get the ice-picks excised and get subscision for the other indentations? What do you think about needling?

Perhaps you should get the ice-picks excised and get subscision for the other indentations? What do you think about needling?

I need to do whatever is the cheapest method with the least down time, I don't have any days off of work, but 2 days a week. I dont know dont quite understand the needling thing.. How much is subcision?

ScarFaceWoman,

You should definitely seek out a reputable doctor that does subcision. I know exactly how you feel, I am still single and have been very self-conscious of my scars for years. I have tried everything including: dermabrasion, C02 laser (several times) collagen injections, TCA peel, and now finally subcision. Actually, I still healing from my second subcision, but my first- that was done on my right cheek, was a resounding success! I had more improvement on that 1 procedure than I had from all the others combined! Rolling scars (soft edged indents) on the cheek area respond best. Please check it out and keep your chin up--there is hope!

Hols

ScarFaceWoman,

You should definitely seek out a reputable doctor that does subcision. I know exactly how you feel, I am still single and have been very self-conscious of my scars for years. I have tried everything including: dermabrasion, C02 laser (several times) collagen injections, TCA peel, and now finally subcision. Actually, I still healing from my second subcision, but my first- that was done on my right cheek, was a resounding success! I had more improvement on that 1 procedure than I had from all the others combined! Rolling scars (soft edged indents) on the cheek area respond best. Please check it out and keep your chin up--there is hope!

Hols

Are indentations rolling scars? What is the down time for subsicsion? Cost? ETC. Thanks

hols: If you don't mind my asking: Who is the doctor who did your subcision and where is he located? I'm trying to find a doc who is a little closer to me than Rapaport all the way up in Jersey.

ScarFAceWoman,

Well, I think the down time varies depending on what area and how large of an area that the doctor works on. Right now, I'm 5 days into my subcision--I had my left cheek and chin areas done--and I'm still hella bruised! Mostly on the chin though because I think that area takes longer to heal. My 1st subcision was on my right cheek only and the downtime was about 3 days. Cost can vary also depending on how many areas of your face you're having treated. I paid 400. I've heard anywhere from 200 to 800.

Louis: I am located in Chicago and my doc is Carolyn Jacob. I think she is extremely skilled at subcision and also very personable too. Hope that helps!

Dont want to get burned this time,,  I went to the same guy 2x once for laser , second for dermabrasion to fix the mess of the laser ](*,)  I am very unhappy with my face and indentations on my cheeks, my sister says nobody even notices, I love her but excuse me, what BS!!! I know i get treated like a leper cause of my scars. I want a boyfriend, a husband, a date! No guys give me the time of day cause my scars. So what questions should i ask the plastic surgeon, they have to be board certified I know.. But I want something cheap as posssible to fill in scars.  Please Help. I want something cheap till i can afford something permanent. :D

I would call several Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists offices and ask if they treat moderate to severe acne scarring. If the person says "yes", schedule an appointment with that PS or Derm. When you go to your appointments be sure to ask what they suggest for treatment. If they suggest laser or dermabrasion, you know that you don't want to go with them.

If you are wanting to do something inexpensively, then I would definitely look into needling. I have heard that needling can run anywhere from 100-500 depending on your scars and who is doing the procedure. Look for a place that does permanent makeup or tattooing in your area.

Subcision is a good alternative for rolling scars (indentations without edges). The price will vary depending on who is doing it - you'll have to find out from the Derms. in your area that do it how much they charge. Could be similar in price to needling, I would think.