Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rhys

The Regimen Checklist

When you're just starting, you probably should moisturise day and night> I do, and Dan recommends moisturing at night too and does it himself. You don't need to though if after applying BP your face doesnt feel dry at all, but if it does, then by all means, moisturise.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I've just put my bP on 5 mins ago, and my face is now getting very tight.

I would not be able to go a whole night without moisturiser.

I think I may only use my Eucerin in the morning now, though. So that I don't have any flakes during the day. I know that the Eucerin is in fact slightly oily.

For night moisturization I find the Cetaphill cream very useful because it's thick it moisturizes really well. But since it gets your face greasy I use the Eucerin in the morning.

I used to only moisturize during the day, once I started to at night my skin started looking better. I find night time good for using a strong AHA moisturizer, because it makes your skin sensitive to the sun but you obviously don't get exposed to it during the night so take advantage of the night and moisturize.

Re-reading the Regimen checklist, something made me stop and think:

http://www.acne.org/checklist.html

Apply moisture lotion if needed. This is optional at night.

As I understand acne - moisturiser is needed in order to supress natural sebum production. e.g. if your skin thinks that it's dry, it will grease it up for you.

Would avoiding moisturiser at night not be risky?

Would the use of a BP gel trick the skin into thinking that it's not dry and doesn't require more sebum? When I've applied BP in the evenings, my skin is so dry that I can barely open and close my mouth.

Does a low amount of sebum irritate the skin, though? It seems to me that it would, and we all know that irritated skin is prone to acne.

I'm no expert. I'm only asking.