Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
=DW=

Does drinking alcohol affect acne?

Im quite a heavy drinker, I go out clubbing 3 or 4 times a week and get pretty drunk most nights, I can go through about 15 bottles plus shots of sambuca in around 5 hours, so my question is does drinking affect acne? I cant remeber back to when I wasnt a big drinker so cannot compare, any suggestions would be appreciated cheers

Im quite a heavy drinker, I go out clubbing 3 or 4 times a week and get pretty drunk most nights, I can go through about 15 bottles plus shots of sambuca in around 5 hours, so my question is does drinking affect acne? I cant remeber back to when I wasnt a big drinker so cannot compare, any suggestions would be appreciated cheers

Not that I necessarily prescribe to this, but, in alternative medicine a lot of people link bad skin to a bad liver, and everyone knows drinking f's up your liver, something to think about, or google I guess.

I drink pretty regularly too, I can only imagine that if I drank less I would be in a better state of health all around, which would probably help my skin. Urghhhh! But dont drive yourself nuts, it may have nothing to do with it, its like how some people can eat mcdonalds every day and they still have clear skin, no one really knows, if we did we probably wouldn't be on this website.

theres no way of telling if it affects your acne but just think about how much booze your consuming. alcohol is also diruetic so your loosing hydration in your body.

During and after I drink I notice my skin is real red, and I get a flushing sensation. More than once I have had an acne breakout the day after. It could be coincidence, or not, I'm not sure.

Well, if sugar plays a role with some acne, then mixed drinks will probably create acne. A lot of mixed drinks have high sugar content, and the hard alcohol has sugar in it. May be a link here, but maybe not. I have cut down on sugars to the point that I don't have any all day, and my acne has slowed down. It's been about 3 months now without sugar, and my skin looks pretty clear. If I have vodka and cranberry's all night, I'll probably have a few new pimples the next day.

i think for me it does incease acne, when i was on vacation in puerto rico i drank alot everyday and my skin was so bad. befoer that i havent really drank. two days ago i drank and i had more acne. im not sure for all

i dont believe it causes acne, it may aggrevate current ones based on your body type and sensitivity to it, and yes it does pressure your liver. id say just be happy and enjoy the night...that mental part helps as well.

in between try to help your liver at the very least by detoxing and supporting it.

it made me break out bad, twice i remember, drank 3 wks ago, broke out next morning. then 1 week ago, broke out next morning. coincidence? maybe. i hear it takes pimples 2 wks to come up. but. maybe drinking makes it come up faster? all that blood rushing to your face speeds shit up maybe. just a thought.

I'm not sure. But it DEFINITELY makes your skin red, and your acne redder.

lol o yea....

I remember when my dad drinks in one of the rare occasion (my whole family doesnt drink.. they just dont confused.gif ), his face was red as if it was burnt rolf.

Alcohol contain sugar.... it's like a big pepsi u know lol

So drinking is ok.. but don't over do it...

Everything is good but with moderation !!!!