Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sienna712

Differin for body acne?

Guest Marino

Topical retinoids; such as differin are ideal for using on the face at any time.

Many derms; when combining differin with topical clindoxyl, recomend differin during the day because clindoxyl is useless immediatly once coming into contact with the sun.

Personally, for the body, i dont recomend topical retinoids.

I've used isotrex [a similar topical] on my chest, shoulders and back 3 times.

The first time saw me go very red/rash/itchy for 2 weeks.

After then, it was always somewhat irritated, but my acne cleared up after 4 months of using it.

After it cleared, i came off it, then it retuned so i used the retinoid again.

This time it only took 3 months to work, with little sideaffects.

The third time i used it, which was only a few weeks ago, saw me rash/red/iritate up again like the first.

One night, i woke up at night and my chest was literally BURNING, i had to wash off the retinoid, apply lots of moisturizer and soothe it with a bag of cold veges.

It took an hour to settle down.

Personally, its not good for your liver to be treating large areas like that for you body, and its much more irritable there.

Now i use the clear skin regime on my body, and i'm getting grat results alot quicker.

I suggest you use the clear skin regime on your body, and differin for your face- its what i pretty much do.

Take care

Now i use the clear skin regime on my body, and i'm getting grat results alot quicker.

I suggest you use the clear skin regime on your body, and differin for your face- its what i pretty much do.

Take care

I used differin and frankly, it did nothing to treat my body acne

Luckily though I don't think my acne was quite as severe as some others as benzoyl peroxide has cleared it right up, I got BP shower wash so the only thing that bleaches is my towel

I used differin and frankly, it did nothing to treat my body acne

Luckily though I don't think my acne was quite as severe as some others as benzoyl peroxide has cleared it right up, I got BP shower wash so the only thing that bleaches is my towel

Guest Marino

Take care

Does the clear skin regimen bleach out your clothes, though? It uses benzoyl peroxode, right? I know from experience with the benzoyl peroxide in the proactiv i use on my face that it will take the color right out of shirts and towels if my face touches this, so i want something that works, but i don't want it to ruin all of my clothes.