Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
saldivar

Need help with skin pigment discolor

I have had acne for as long as I could remeber, but recently for the past 6 month my acne has decreased , but now i have bad pigment scar all over my face. They are dark brown scars. I have tried GLYCOLIC peels, both 30% and 50%, the tape method, and now vinegar. Just wondering if anyone has had any result, with any product. I am not sure if I tried everything that would work. thanks

I have had acne for as long as I could remeber, but recently for the past 6 month my acne has decreased , but now i have bad pigment scar all over my face. They are dark brown scars.  I have tried GLYCOLIC peels, both 30% and 50%, the tape method, and now vinegar. Just wondering if anyone has had any result, with any product. I am not sure if I tried everything that would work. thanks

Retin-A, Tazorac, Effexor will all help with that. And you can get 4% hydroquinone bleaching creme from a doc. There are other posts about this problem, check em out. Good luck

I am using mandelic acid for the last 16 days and i have got good results.I see my acne scars getting lighter everyday.This alpha hydroxy acid is for people with skin type 4 and up.I couldn't tolerate glycolic acid and i tried hydroquinone too but scars came back once i stopped using it.Most important is your sunblock.Use it everyday.

Guest Tracy

Blue,

How's that mandelic acid working for you? I've been interested in purchasing it but being a single mom I haven't had the extra cash so I've been sticking with the glycolic that I already have on hand.

Also, what brand of sunscreen do you use? Thanks.

-Tracy

When you did a glycolic peel, how long did it take your skin to look normal again? Mine looks like I burned myself right now and I did one last night.

Guest Tracy

I don't leave it on very long. About two or three minutes depending on how bad it starts stinging because I also use a Glycolic cleanser and lotion every night, so I want to be very gentle with my skin and not burn the new skin that I am uncovering every night with the glycolic lotion.

You probably left it on too long. Apply fresh aloe vera gel (from a plant) and neosporin cream and it should heal soon. Next time, go SLOWER.....

Guest Tracy

r u kidding? WOW! How about polysporin??