Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A30SomethingFellow

Does this sound like a positive sign?

So, a few weeks ago I switched out the evening BP with Tazorac as the regimen proper just wasn't making any signifigant change in my breakouts and I was frustrated.

Well, there has been a change for sure this week. I still seem to be getting the same "rate" of pimples if you will, but they are no longer manifesting themselves as the large (GIANT!) painful red cyst like bumps. Instead I seem to be getting some whiteheads. I never really got any whiteheads before. These are definately smaller and considerably less painful. The upshot being I don't feel them all day long hurting my face and glowing red. Over the course of this week, I've had probably 4 or 5 of these. Curiously, all but one showed up in the areas where I have been experiencing my worst breakouts with the large red things... I admit that when these guys come to an obvious ummm... point, I have been picking them. I've been doing that because I fear leaving them will allow them to grow into the big red things. So far the result has been a red mark left behind in the skin that fades in just a few days.

I really want to believe that this is a very positive sign that things are changing for the better and if I stick with it just another few weeks perhaps even the new white heads will stop and I will be on my way to more or less clear skin.

I know I've already rambled on a bit, but here is my theory... That for the last three months, all the stuff I've been doing has been working through the years and years worth of gunk built up under my skin, and now I'm getting to the point where most of it is gone. The tazorac is helping because it's opening up the pores more, and the BP is killing a large amount of the p.acnes bacteria that is exposed. The whiteheads are the last gasps of the now smaller amount of p.acnes left under my skin and soon even those will be gone and I will finally start to enter the maintainence mode of the regimen instead of the active treatment of the problem phase.

What do you guys think? Am I honeymooning too soon, or could I after all this time be seeing some quality results, I certainly feel like I am...

thanks,

Well, imo, that sounds like good news and I will tell you why.

When I began the Regimen, I never got whiteheads either before, only the red painful things, like what you described, and when I began the Regimen, after the first month or so, I began getting whiteheads, which I simply do not have a history of getting. So gradually those stopped, and then clear skin followed.

So, if your skin is doing what mine did, those whiteheads will gradually stop and hopefully leave you with blemish-free skin.

Glad you had a positive report this time around!! You deserve it!

Thanks Brandy, that's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to hear...

I feel like this is genuienly a positive thing and your experience confirms that it really might be. Sure, I suppose that things *could* backfire, but at least I now have the bit of hope that will drive the motiviation needed to continue going with this every single day and night.

Thanks Brandy, that's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to hear...

I feel like this is genuienly a positive thing and your experience confirms that it really might be. Sure, I suppose that things *could* backfire, but at least I now have the bit of hope that will drive the motiviation needed to continue going with this every single day and night.

yea, besides, those little whiteheads are always preferable to those red painful suckers!

Nope. I tried the bactrim/septra a few times but I really did not feel right at all after taking it, so other then the three pills I took on three different days the only difference is switching to the tazorac .05 (not the .1 mind you) cream at night.

hey i am now getting white heads as well as when before i used to get huge bumps that stayed there for weeks.. i definitely prefer the white heads

the only thing is... i only have like 3 small white heads But i have a lot of red marks everywhere

and who can tell me thisss

the lower half of my face is only where i break out, if i push out the skin on the side with my tongue i can see all these little tiny clogged poars.. maybe like 30 to 40 and they are all concentrated in one area... when i let the skin go they are kinda invisible

In order for me to get clear smooth skin will all of these need to surface or will they maybe just go away?? any answers? ive been on the regime for a month

Getting the whiteheads instead of big pimples is good. The whiteheads also go away much faster. But, don't pop them or pick them! Whenever I do, it always leads to more and you'll be sorry. Just deal with them because they go away in a day or two and soon you won't have to bother with them at all as your skin heals.

Hey Goulash..I have those clogged pores in the same spot as you. They are ususally more noticable on me when my skin is irritated, so be as gentle as possible. And honestly, they're not as noticable as you think, just stop stretching your skin out.

hey i am now getting white heads as well as when before i used to get huge bumps that stayed there for weeks.. i definitely prefer the white heads

the only thing is... i only have like 3 small white heads But i have a lot of red marks everywhere

and who can tell me thisss

the lower half of my face is only where i break out, if i push out the skin on the side with my tongue i can see all these little tiny clogged poars.. maybe like 30 to 40 and they are all concentrated in one area... when i let the skin go they are kinda invisible

In order for me to get clear smooth skin will all of these need to surface or will they maybe just go away?? any answers? ive been on the regime for a month

Thats great news 30, I am happy you are finally having positive results!

RE: clogged pores - I had those but used the AHA oil free before I use BP morning and night and they have completely cleared out. I did squeeze a couple, but that was silly as the others have cleared with the AHA. I waited until I was clear from painful active pimples and just had red marks and clogged pores before I used the AHA to limit any irritation, and its worked beautifully. Red marks are fading SUPER FAST too!!

Thanks for the nice words everyone. I'm going to try and leave any new ones alone and see how they go.

I have one small blemish about a half inch from lip that clearly has one of those hard white strands of goop in it that I haven't touched as it is close enough to my mouth that it will end up looking like a cold sore if I mess with it and that's enough motivation for me to leave it alone. That particular pimple has been there nearly two weeks now and shows no signs of going away, but neither does it show signs of developing into something else. I know from experience that if I pop it, there will be a little thing that looks like a small piece of white thread that comes out, I'll then be left with a red spot that will last a few days to a weak or two, then it will be gone. Does anyone else get stuff like this, and if so, what do you do? Just wait it out? What if it lasts litteraly for months, that happens to me...

I may also be ready to start using some AHA with more regularity, and maybe will try to score the brand Dan reccomends this weekend if I can find it locally. Question: what will that do that the heightned redness I am already experiencing with the tazorac?

Maybe once I'm finally completely clear, I'll try going back to the regimen proper so the redness can subside a little. It's better the last few days, but I'm still a bit red. I wonder how much of this is due to the tazorac and how much is due to the continued heavy use of BP albeit only once a day now.

No matter what, I don't want to mess with things much, as I *seem* to be on a good upturn right now and I don't want to jeapordize that.

thanks again,

Thats great news 30, I am happy you are finally having positive results!

RE: clogged pores  -  I had those but used the AHA oil free before I use BP morning and night and they have completely cleared out.  I did squeeze a couple, but that was silly as the others have cleared with the AHA.  I waited until I was clear from painful active pimples and just had red marks and clogged pores before I used the AHA to limit any irritation, and its worked beautifully.  Red marks are fading SUPER FAST too!!

Yes, this is the second time I have been on a gentler regimen like Dan's and both times I started getting whiteheads on my chine before everything cleared up comepletly. It is quite interesting I think . . . I wonder what causes it. The first time I screwed it up by exfoliating my skin a lot because I was dry and flaky as hell ( I was camping and had no moisturizer) Then when I read this site I was like . . . duh what a moron. O well, Im sure u will clear up soon!