Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I was talking to someone I knew and they mentioned that when people exfoliate (like I used St. Ives Apricot Scrub), all oils are stripped, including the good oil and of course the bad, so the skin starts creating more oil because all the oil is gone and this therefore can worsen skin.

Does anyone know of any products that restore good non-pore clogging oils to skin after the skin is exfoliated? Special moisturizers or whatever. (I mentioned to her that after I exfoliated, I used an oil-free moisturizer, but the thing is is that because it is oil-free, the skin still wants to go into oil overdrive or something like that because all the oil is still stripped)

Thanks for any help,

Patrick

Hi,

I was talking to someone I knew and they mentioned that when people exfoliate (like I used St. Ives Apricot Scrub), all oils are stripped, including the good oil and of course the bad, so the skin starts creating more oil because all the oil is gone and this therefore can worsen skin.

Does anyone know of any products that restore good non-pore clogging oils to skin after the skin is exfoliated?  Special moisturizers or whatever.  (I mentioned to her that after I exfoliated, I used an oil-free moisturizer, but the thing is is that because it is oil-free, the skin still wants to go into oil overdrive or something like that because all the oil is still stripped)

Thanks for any help,

Patrick