Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Harp

Question about outgrowing acne

I'm 21 and have continually tried to get rid of acne for one year now. I've gave up a month or so ago. I've just accepted that I have it and am now just living with it. No one in my family has had a long term problem with it, but I've had it since puberty started. I'm hoping I will grow out of it in the next couple years. My question is does the acne on your face leave before acne on my body does? I feel like my face is slowly changing, although when I breakout that thought dies. But my chest and shoulders look like shit. My old girlfriend never got a zit on her face, but said she used to and now only has a problem on her back. I know other people who have clear faces and only have acne on other areas.

Just wondering,

J.

When people suffer on their body and not face it is often Eczema and i don't think that occurs too often on the face. When you outgrow it is a case of your genetics. I got mine from my Dad who apparently had bad skin when he was younger although i don't know how long he had it for. I must have got it when i was about 13 and i'm 18 now. Although i've been using BP for one week only and the result is quite staggering.

I have had eczema this ain't it, my back and chest have been broke out for years

hmmm, do you have acne on your face too? Just when I used to think i was growing out of it on my face i'd break out again, although i'm more prone during "the time of the month" which could be a factor. I've never noticed any relevance to my face and chest/back though. My back and chest is only very mild acne and doesn't tend to break out at the same time as my face. Although since i've been using the BP it's had a bigger affect on my face than my chest. I think it just depends on your skin in the different areas of the body.

Harp...the answer is depressing...not everyone is destined to grow out of acne. Lots of women start getting acne in their 20's for example. Plus you will have noticed there are fairly significant contingent of members here who are adults not teenagers.

I have basically nailed the problem now with the regimen. I have never had body acne so can't comment there. But....my skin has changed a lot in my 20's....had combination skin in puberty with oily and dry spots. My skin is much drier now. Although I don't get blemishes much anymore I don't heal as seamlessly or as fast as it used to either.

The best thing you can do for yourself is manage the problem to prevent future breakouts and scarring. And quietly keep your fingers crossed that nature/your body/age/or a higher power will step in, lend a hand and wind it up naturally.

I wish I would grow out of it! I started breaking out at age 13 and haven't stopped yet(I am *cough* 30 *cough). All I can tell you is just stick to the regimine and in the future you may be able to reduce the amount of upkeep. This is what I am hoping for.

Personaly I don't want to wait for the acne to grow out, I had already waited while 12 years. I just enjoy having found this website and a good regimen that works beyond all I thought to be possible. I wish I had found this site earlyer...

I'm starting to outgrow it now! I noticed that when I was 11.... I had break outs all over my face just about. Now that I am 16, I might get 1 or 2 big pimples occasionally every month or two but they leave the most nastiest looking scars & take forever to heal, then the next month comes & another scars comes from a pimple & it adds up!