Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robotic

Proactiv, KlearAction, AcneFree

Ive used Proactiv with good results except for these 2 big issues with me.

1. After a while, the products began to burn my face. Its weird because when i first started it, it didnt hurt at all.

2. I felt like I was in a trap. If I missed a night, I would break out all over. So it did work with getting me clear but I needed to use it religiously so that I wouldnt break out. It also just stopped working after a while.

Ive heard that KlearAction and AcneFree are smiliar to Proactiv.

Im desperate and I want something that worked as fast as Proactiv worked for me but I want the results to stay.

Who here is using one of these 2 products? How did it compare to Proactiv, is it worse, better?

Please help because I am thinking of buying one of these but Id like to hear some good results first.

Ive used Proactiv with good results except for these 2 big issues with me.

1. After a while, the products began to burn my face. Its weird because when i first started it, it didnt hurt at all.

2. I felt like I was in a trap. If I missed a night, I would break out all over. So it did work with getting me clear but I needed to use it religiously so that I wouldnt break out. It also just stopped working after a while.

Ive heard that KlearAction and AcneFree are smiliar to Proactiv.

Im desperate and I want something that worked as fast as Proactiv worked for me but I want the results to stay.

Who here is using one of these 2 products? How did it compare to Proactiv, is it worse, better?

Please help because I am thinking of buying one of these but Id like to hear some good results first.

I've never used Proactiv, but I have tried Klear Action and Acne Free as well as Clear Zone (another generic version sold at CVS) and a Duane Reade (NYC drug store) generic version.

Klear Action - I've been using it for the past 2 weeks or so and am having very good results. In fact, I visited my parents over Labor Day weekend and my mom commented a few times on how good my skin looked. I like the consistency of the Klear Action repairing lotion a lot. It actually feels like a lotion and not a heavy cream, so it's very easy to rub in and aborbs well. The toner is also alcohol-free and doesn't leave my face sticky or shiny. The only gripes I have are the oversized packaging and the scent of elmer's glue in the wash and lotion, although everyone loves sniffing glue every once in a while wacko.gif

Acne Free - I used this in November of last year. At first, I liked it a lot and it cleared my right up. However, I didn't like the toner at all. It contained a lot of alcohol and dried my skin out so I only used it sparingly. The major problem though was that they apparently changed their formulation. When I got my second box, the wash and lotion were very different from before. The wash was very watery and no longer contained any particles for exfoliating. The lotion went the opposite direction. It contained a whole bunch of dried up particles that just sat on your face and made applying it a real pain in the ass. I remember reading that a bunch of other people noticed the change in product as well, so I stopped using it rather than try my luck on another box.

Clear Zone - I liked this a lot more than Acne Free (though not as much as Klear Action). The toner contained no alcohol and smelled very good. I didn't like the repairing lotion as much though. It was a bit thicker (more like a cream) than that of Klear Action and Acne Free, so it was harder to rub in and I could feel it sitting on more skin unlike the lighter lotions in the other products. All in all, it wasn't too bad though.

Duane Reade generic - I just picked this up a week and half ago (only 3 or 4 days after I started Klear Action) since it's only half the price of Klear Action (only $10!), and the packaging was a lot more subdued. However, I did have a slight breakout after the second day, so rather than risk it, I just decided to go back to the Klear Action for now until things stabilize. In the short time I did use it, I did like it. It was very similar in formulation and feel to the Klear Action version.

The bottom line is that I like the Klear Action version a lot, and it has cleared me up significantly in only 2 weeks. I'll probably try the Duane Reade generic version again in a few months since it's only $10, so I'll report back after I try it again.

Hope this helps!

-Dan

I've used KlearAction because I didn't want to pay twice as much for Proactiv and I think it worked pretty well. I used it about a year ago and it kept me clear for a while but my skin is worse than ever now. I don't think it's worse because of KlearAction though.

Right now I'm using KlearAction. I've been using it for about two months now and have used it for about a year and a half a while ago. I can't really say that it's working for me. I'm not sure if I'm just using it still because I want it to work, or if I'm actually noticing a difference. It has broken me out on my forehead, but some days are clearer than others.

I've used AcneFree in the past and during the spring, it worked wonders for me. I was completely clear, except for a pimple about once a week on the side of my face. Then, they changed it and it completely did the opposite for me. I've never had such dry skin and it was almost as if it was bleaching my skin- it just didn't look healthy.

I've only used ProActiv for a few weeks because I used a sample from one of my friends. It seemed alright, but I know it didn't work for me, otherwise I would have continued using it.

I have noticed KlearAction and ProActive are more likely to bleach my clothes. sad.gif

Thanx for all the replies guys! I bought Klear Action last nite and started it before I went to bed. I like how my skin feels clean but I wear a lot of makeup so I had to wash twice, Im praying this will help me clear up. I dont think my acne has been worse then this in a long time. sad.gif

Like Dan said I also didnt like the huge bottles and the smell of the lotion. It sux cuz the smell doesnt go away after it absorbs either...Im not sure what Im going to do when I sleep next to my boyfriend. He gets headaches easily from strong smells---any suggestions anyone?

about your makeup, it might be better for your skin if you went easy on the makeup until ur skin clears up. i'm sure you look great with or without makeup, and it won't matter to those who really matter in your life

I can tell you don't try AcneFree as I didn't like the toner at all. It contained a lot of alcohol and dried my skin out everytime I used it so I had to stop using the toner completely. The cleaner & treatment works somewhat good but is really waterly.

About Proactiv don't buy it unless you can comit to using it everyday 2 times a day without missing a day. Murad works the same way only contains Silfer acid instead of BP.

Try Dan ance treatment regenin it cost a lot less to use. for basic users

I can tell you don't try AcneFree as  I didn't like the toner at all. It contained a lot of alcohol and dried my skin out everytime I used it so I had to stop using the toner completely. The cleaner & treatment works somewhat good but is really waterly.

About Proactiv don't buy it unless you can comit to using it everyday 2 times a day without missing a day. Murad works the same way only contains Silfer acid instead of BP.

Try Dan ance treatment regenin it cost a lot less to use. for basic users

Klear Action seems to be working ok, I havent broken out at all. The serious bumps I did have are going down too. I hope this clears me up!

Hi There,

While using Proactiv, I tried both Klear Action and Acne Free. Both contain the same active ingredients as Proactiv, but the other ingredients are certainly different. I found the two copycats to be much more drying/irritating than Proactiv. That said, Proactiv costs over twice as much. Whatever works for you smile.gif

i was going to try proactive on the advise of a friend, but decided to try klear action first. its only been a couple weeks and my skin does seem better. i still get some cysts but they don't last nearly as long as before.