Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's with these people who complain about having "very mild acne"? If they're bothered by a couple of pimples, they need a self-esteem boost, not a dermatologist.

Two girls at my school went to derms about their skin when THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE PIMPLES.

Guest ldanielle

No-ones ever happy with what they've got, these ones complaining about 'very mild acne' are just trying to look perfect which is fucking pointless and pathetic really because it's never going to happen. If it wasn't a couple of pimples it'd be something else.

Yeah some people are irritating perfectionists- I guess they can't really help it- I mean, if you'd never had really bad acne before, it'd be harder to put things in perspective.

Guest ldanielle

They're just not capable of being grateful for what they have. No one is really I don't think, no-one I know seems to be anyway. Butwe don't all bitch and whine and moan about every little stupid insignificant thing that is wrong with ourselves (for example a few pimples) and piss everyone off.

sorry I'm starting to rant a bit... eusa_whistle.gif

Guest ldanielle
What's with these people who complain about having "very mild acne"? If they're bothered by a couple of pimples, they need a self-esteem boost, not a dermatologist.

Two girls at my school went to derms about their skin when THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE PIMPLES.

Well take comfort in that they probably had a really bad case of bacne. (:

But, yeah, I knew a girl that always complained about pimples when she had none, and her doctor would even give her cortizone injections. The result? She was left with several severely deep indentions for non-existant acne.

i think everyone has the right to complain, but not everyone should be getting accutane for mild acne, as that seems to be happening a lot. I'd recommend seeing a GP or something, seeing a derm for mild cases is silly.

As for poeple complaining about mild acne, i think it highlights a societal problem, because heck we all know that the media does have a big role in showing us what is acceptable, what is gross etc.

Byz

Guest ldanielle
As for poeple complaining about mild acne, i think it highlights a societal problem, because heck we all know that the media does have a big role in showing us what is acceptable, what is gross etc.

western society focuses on bodily ailment, and not the psychological.

We think acne is the problem, but that fact that we become so depressed over sometimes mild acne shows that acne isn't the real problem, and that our feelings anxieties and depression go a lot deeper then that.

Byz

I have what the derm. calls "mild" acne. He, the nurse, the receptionist, my mom, and my sister all say they don't see scars either. But whenever I look in the mirror, all I see are horrible, deep scars all over my face. I might have some sort-of dysfunction. I've turned down so much because of my "mild" acne.

i ahve mild acne and let me tell u its a right pain, i mean fair enuff there are other people out there that i really do feel sorry for coz of their skin and sumtimes i feel so mean moaning about a few pimples but becoz we dont know any different then thats what we pick on. take for instance sumone who thought they were fat but werent then no matter how much u todl them they werent fat they wouldnt listen, thats what its like with mild acne if we get told are acnes good then we dont belive them becuase we believe its bad as we know no different. i was going to be perscribed accutane but i backed out, mild acne can be just as hard to deal with as moderate or servere.

i ahve mild acne and let me tell u its a right pain, i mean fair enuff there are other people out there that i really do feel sorry for coz of their skin and sumtimes i feel so mean moaning about a few pimples but becoz we dont know any different then thats what we pick on. take for instance sumone who thought they were fat but werent then no matter how much u todl them they werent fat they wouldnt listen, thats what its like with mild acne if we get told are acnes good then we dont belive them becuase we believe its bad as we know no different. i was going to be perscribed accutane but i backed out, mild acne can be just as hard to deal with as moderate or servere.

I would say my acne is mild now, i still get cysts on my neck that hurt like hell, but on the whole im pretty much clear, but mine used to be very server and now i think ill start looking at scar treatments.

No-ones ever happy with what they've got, these ones complaining about 'very mild acne' are just trying to look perfect which is fucking pointless and pathetic really because it's never going to happen. If it wasn't a couple of pimples it'd be something else.

I have to disagree on this statement cause' I rather have mild acne then severe acne. Having severe acne it's worse cause' society treat you like shit. I remember one time I got on the bus they were alot of people on the bus they were staring at me. I saw a lady talking to this other lady saying that my skin look crap. Can you believe that. I know it look crap. Man, I broke down and cry so much when I got home. I even wanted to kill myself. I just wake up sore all over your face. I mean it's like you feel constatly conjested. It was horrible. I mean, having severe acne is very noticeable than mild acne. Mild acne you can't even tell you have a problem.

Anyway, to get to my point I know many people might disagree with me. But when you have severe acne it stays there .and even you see the scars to prove you have it. That's more depressing. Sorry I have to jump on this forum but, that's how I feel. Sometimes I wish I was 17 again. My skin was so soft and smooth. Man, before I was like damn it's horrible. Now I regret saying it, I take all back if I have to. Just one thing I want to tell all of you. Appreciate of what you have. okay. and love yourself wub.gif

I have to disagree on this statement cause' I rather have mild acne then severe acne. Having severe acne it's worse cause' society treat you like shit. I remember one time I got on the bus they were alot of people on the bus they were staring at me. I saw a lady talking to this other lady saying that my skin look crap. Can you believe that. I know it look crap. Man, I broke down and cry so much when I got home. I even wanted to kill myself. I just wake up sore all over your face. I mean it's like you feel constatly conjested. It was horrible. I mean, having severe acne is very noticeable than mild acne. Mild acne you can't even tell you have a problem.

Anyway, to get to my point I know many people might disagree with me. But when you have severe acne it stays there .and even you see the scars to prove you have it. That's more depressing. Sorry I have to jump on this forum but, that's how I feel. Sometimes I wish I was 17 again. My skin was so soft and smooth. Man, before I was like damn it's horrible. Now I regret saying it, I take all back if I have to. Just one thing I want to tell all of you. Appreciate of what you have. okay. and love yourself wub.gif

Guest Freak_Turbulence

No this is dead wrong (Claud's part of the statement), especially since it is assuming that the amount of physical damage is directly related to the amount of psychological damage. The thing about people is that they are, what's the word, oh yeah, different. You have no way of saying how different people internalize acne, and you also don't really have the right. If someone, let's say genetically, is predisposed to depression before even getting acne, then they may indeed internalize mild acne more than someone with severe acne and no predisposition. Even if severe acne "stays there", there is still no direct relation between the physical and psychological in this case. I don't even think it's possible to draw out broad correlations. The most honest generalization I've heard on this thread is "acne is acne"...and although it's vague, that is about as much as we can say when we try to deduce its psychological effects on another person. I'm a...psych honours student in university so when you say things like this that are fundamentally wrong, it ticks me off. So, mild acne can and often is more difficult to handle than severe acne, you have to look at the people case by case. Nick.

BTW I'm in no way implying that mild acne is easy to deal with. Don't get the wrong idea. I have sympathy for ALL acne sufferers, as I am one.

Sorry, if I made my post confused. What I meant to say that you get remind it by it. Even though you get clear. You still left with the horrible scars.

Well I'm glad you completely missed what I was trying to say...that gives me faith in people who read these threads. I said we CAN'T generalize, and doesn't that implicitly mean that I or anyone else can't possibly have all the answers? I also SAID that to look at the psychological effects we have to look at people case by case. It was even my conclusion. And doesn't that implicitly mean that to have ALL the answers, I or anyone else would have to KNOW all the cases in the world? And doesn't that, to you, sound impossible? Read before you reply.

Guest Freak_Turbulence
No this is dead wrong (Claud's part of the statement), especially since it is assuming that the amount of physical damage is directly related to the amount of psychological damage. The thing about people is that they are, what's the word, oh yeah, different. You have no way of saying how different people internalize acne, and you also don't really have the right. If someone, let's say genetically, is predisposed to depression before even getting acne, then they may indeed internalize mild acne more than someone with severe acne and no predisposition. Even if severe acne "stays there", there is still no direct relation between the physical and psychological in this case. I don't even think it's possible to draw out broad correlations. The most honest generalization I've heard on this thread is "acne is acne"...and although it's vague, that is about as much as we can say when we try to deduce its psychological effects on another person. I'm a...psych honours student in university so when you say things like this that are fundamentally wrong, it ticks me off. So, mild acne can and often is more difficult to handle than severe acne, you have to look at the people case by case. Nick.

LOL.

1. No, severe acne poses two different types of pain on the person: physical and emotional. Obviously you have no clue how much severe acne cysts hurt, so you would not know the physical pain. Do mild pimples hurt? No. Do they make your skin burn like fuck when you touch them? No. These cystic abscesses hurt 24/7. The pain is constant. You have no right to tell me it's not so until you've gone through the throbbing pain that I've gone through with acne cysts.

2. How can you say that severe acne's "staying there" has no direct relation between the physical and psychological pain? Do you know what severe cystic acne is? It's those huge abscesses taking over your skin. You venture to tell us that these abnormal abscesses that are labeled as a severe skin disorder are just as painful as the normal pimples that everyone gets?

3. I don't know what you mean by your comment: "fundamentally wrong."

Guest Freak_Turbulence
Well I'm glad you completely missed what I was trying to say...that gives me faith in people who read these threads. I said we CAN'T generalize, and doesn't that implicitly mean that I or anyone else can't possibly have all the answers? I also SAID that to look at the psychological effects we have to look at people case by case. It was even my conclusion. And doesn't that implicitly mean that to have ALL the answers, I or anyone else would have to KNOW all the cases in the world? And doesn't that, to you, sound impossible? Read before you reply.

oh i'm sorry

No this is dead wrong (Claud's part of the statement)