Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tammy06

Just when you think things are getting better

biggrin.gif So for the past 8 weeks, my skin has been improving alot b/c I have been on tazorac. My acne was moderate, now I would consider it mild. Everybody that knows how upset I was about my skin have noticed that it has improved. Well, yesterday, my aunt and uncle came for a visit. I had just sat down to talk to her(usually I would have just gone to my room or something) and she says "So, you're breaking out huh?" I was sooo hurt. I mean..of all the times to say something about my skin, she had to say it now when I was just starting to feel confident after having no confidence for years and years. She has seen my skin much worse than it is now and she waits until now to say something. I know she wasn't trying to hurt me but it still hurt, ya know. She sells Avon products so I think she was going to recommend some products to use on my face. I told her I had gone to the derm and he put me on some stuff. I'm just proud of myself b/c even though the comment hurt and I went to my room and cried..I talked about it to my friend who assured me that my skin WAS getting better and got dressed and went out and had fun!

I just have to realize that to some people..they still see some acne..but to me, I know how far my skin has come and I know it will keep getting better. So, I'm not going to let what she said mess with how I feel about myself and my improvement. biggrin.gif

i hate it when someone stares or makes comments about my skin.

i am so depressed with this whole thing...i am 26, and acne has taken has most certainly taken the best of me.

i used to be the "know all do all" smart guy in my teens..so wheneevr i meet someone from that time, they make all sorts of comments...something on the lines of "what happened to you"..."where's all the attention you used to get"

i just hate that it disturbs me..

its been 3 years since i have been hiding myself, canceling social event plans etc.

i jsut had to write to someone...

sucks..big time.

-sk

I know it seems like as soon as you think you are looking fairly good, some of your acne seems to be going away, and some idiot makes some stupid comment like "boy, have you ever tried proactive for your face??!" just ruins your whole day.

Just try to keep a stiff lip! I try not to let stupid people bother me anymore...

Im glad you went out and had fun! smile.gif To some people any acne no matter how mild it is is considered "broken out". They don't understand what its like to have it really bad and then have it clear up tons with a FEW marks left. I remember some chick in high school asked me "why do you have so many pimples?" Little did the girl know that they were only dark marks and my cystic acne had finally cleared! A few weeks later she was aksing me how my skin cleared up.lol Im glad is working for you. eusa_angel.gif

yeah i hate it when this happens i was getting my eyes brows waxed ( i know i shouldnt do it coz the Medication I’m on makes it sensitive to burns/redness) ne way the waxing lady asked if I wanted to fix my acne and get a facial or they point to my face as say we can fix this lol and this happens a lot when get waxed soooo annoying I just say I’m already on medication lol

biggrin.gif So for the past 8 weeks, my skin has been improving alot b/c I have been on tazorac.  My acne was moderate, now I would consider it mild. Everybody that knows how upset I was about my skin have noticed that it has improved. Well, yesterday, my aunt and uncle came for a visit. I had just sat down to talk to her(usually I would have just gone to my room or something) and she says "So, you're breaking out huh?" I was sooo hurt. I mean..of all the times to say something about my skin, she had to say it now when I was just starting to feel confident after having no confidence for years and years. She has seen my skin much worse than it is now and she waits until now to say something. I know she wasn't trying to hurt me but it still hurt, ya know. She sells Avon products so I think she was going to recommend some products to use on my face. I told her I had gone to the derm and he put me on some stuff. I'm just proud of myself b/c even though the comment hurt and I went to my room and cried..I talked about it to my friend who assured me that my skin WAS getting better and got dressed and went out and had fun!

I just have to realize that to some people..they still see some acne..but to me, I know how far my skin has come and I know it will keep getting better. So, I'm not going to let what she said mess with how I feel about myself and my improvement.  biggrin.gif

I know how you feel. I hate all my aunt and uncle because of that! Everytime when there's a family meeting-----they make comments about my face!!! WHat fucking bastards! One even said something like "Why is your face ruined?"---I wanted to bitch slap that whore!

I know how you feel. I hate all my aunt and uncle because of that! Everytime when there's a family meeting-----they make comments about my face!!! WHat fucking bastards! One even said something like "Why is your face ruined?"---I wanted to bitch slap that whore!