Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
campfitnfun

Anyone live in New York City?

Im from brookyln. New York! its not bad cause we live here but to others its scary. I used to know a teacher who hated brooklyn. He said his school was at the border of queens and brooklyn. The brooklyn sside he was scared to go on, he was afraid he'd get shot

Well obviously the best senario of all is to start getting your name out there right now and working for someone wherever you happen to currently live, and then opportunities will open up a bit more. I know someone who just moved to NYC (Manhattan) this month from Florida because he was offered a huge promotion in the city. He must make a good living for himself because he flies back to Florida to visit his friends about every two weeks.

I'm visiting NYC in August just because : )

Because I want to start a career there in the near future. I am planning a vacation there in about a year. I want to write for a magazine and I know the business is tough and cost of living is high. Is anyone in this forum from there and better yet does anyone on this forum live there and support himself or herself?

You want to live in NYC when you have acne? Good luck. NYC is so into itself.

Because I want to start a career there in the near future. I am planning a vacation there in about a year. I want to write for a magazine and I know the business is tough and cost of living is high. Is anyone in this forum from there and better yet does anyone on this forum live there and support himself or herself?

Yeah, by all means don't move to a new city to begin a career if you have acne, just keep living in your moms basement until your skin is flawless. You wouldn't want put anyone out with your disability.

:rolleyes:

Manhattans awesome BTW. My uncle is a successful photographer living there most of the time and I was able to stay in his Apt. in Chelsea. I fell in love, but I think if I go to the East Coast I'm gonna start with Philly. Rent/living is half as much and its a really cool city with a similar vibe to Manhattan.

Yeah, by all means don't move to a new city to begin a career if you have acne, just keep living in your moms basement until your skin is flawless. You wouldn't want put anyone out with your disability.

That's exactly what I did. Life is great now. It really was worth the wait.

For the record, I live in a part of the BRONX called Throgs Neck and it is probably one of the safest places in NYC. Plus i get to have a front and backyard for 1/10th of what someone would pay in Manhattan. It pisses me off when the Bronx gets such a bad rap. brooklyn is really nice too but in the pasty few years it has gotten to be so expensive that certain areas are competing with places in Manhattan. lets put it this way, my friend was renting a place in the East Village for probably about $2,500 a month. This apartments' toilet was actually in a linen closet and the tub doubled as a kitchen sink...yes, it was located in the kitchen...also no shower. Trust me, I will take my backyard and spacious bedroom over that any day. Basically, you are paying for the status of manhattan and nothing else. The only thing that sucks is a 40 minute commute to manhattan everyday for work.

That's exactly what I did. Life is great now. It really was worth the wait.

I have to admit I kind of did that too, but it hurts to think about all I could have accomplished in that period of stagnation if I hadn't maintained such an unhealthy mentality. In any case that was some horrible advice, shame on you.

i would love to move out of this hellish ugly town i live. and move to the city. i live 40 mins away and havent been there in 4 YEARS! thats right, and i love nyc. but i agree with s****faced i wouldnt dare move to a new city hell no. though his adice may come off as nasty and mean. i take it as the truth. cause titl my skin is good or passable i will still be living home. sigh.....