Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herewegoagain

Forehead Acne/Liver Connection

So I break out ONLY on my forehead. I have clogged pores all over, but I only ever get pimples on my forehead. I use head and shoulders shampoo and no other products on my hair, so I don't think it's product related.

If I understand the information here correctly, I should benefit greatly from doing liver flushes. Is this right? Does anyone have any success/improvement stories related to liver flushes? Thanks.

HWGA

I'm the same as you, only place I get acne is on my forehead - its like they're too afraid to wander down to other parts of my face, so they just stick in groups on my forehead.

Anyway, I generally try to stick with the liver cleansing diet (http://www.whas.com.au/books/lcd.php) for health reasons and, besides making me feel fabulous it has never really improved my acne. What has worked for me was dianne 35 (a bcp) which cleared me up beautifully but recently I've stopped it, had enough of being on the pill, and so I'm trying the regimin.

I suppose my skin could be worse if I didn't follow the liver cleansing diet or do liver flushes, but generally I think the link to diet and acne is not that strong. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Cool. I'll just start out with daily carrot juice and olive oil and see where I am with that after a month or two. Does it matter what time of day I take either? I'm thinking it wouldn't matter, but I don't know...

kaleidoscope, do you still take the carrot juice and olive oil? What's the current condition of your skin?

Thanks!!!

HWGA

Cool.  I'll just start out with daily carrot juice and olive oil and see where I am with that after a month or two.  Does it matter what time of day I take either?  I'm thinking it wouldn't matter, but I don't know...

kaleidoscope, do you still take the carrot juice and olive oil?  What's the current condition of your skin? 

Thanks!!!

HWGA

Sounds good stuff! I might get some some olive oil and carrot juice because i tend to break out on my forehead alot but not as bad as it used to be probably due to drinking more water. How much olive oil and carrot juice do you need to take a day? Will it break me out first before i see improvements because ive never done any flushing,cleansing etc apart from drinking lemon water everday?

Im also thinking of getting some coconut oil but i dont know whether to take this with the carrot juice and olive oil or at a different time.

Sounds good stuff! I might get some some olive oil and carrot juice because i tend to break out on my forehead alot but not as bad as it used to be probably due to drinking more water. How much olive oil and carrot juice do you need to take a day? Will it break me out first before i see improvements because ive never done any flushing,cleansing etc apart from drinking lemon water everday?

Im also thinking of getting some coconut oil but i dont know whether to take this with the carrot juice and olive oil or at a different time.

HI, I am curious about trying a liver cleanse. How do you make your carrot into juice? Do you need a juicer or is something else used to make carrot juice? Or do you buy the carrots already juiced? About how much olive oil do you add?

I have read the cleansing things at curezones, but it seems so complicated. I want something simple which the carrot juice and olive oil seems more convenient.

I, too, used to have just my forehead clogged with only furious red bumps. Nothing else on my face. Clearasil or Oxy never cleared it until my mom begged me to try Retin-A, and that purged all the crap out, and I had my forehead clear ever since. For a LONG time, I never had acne, but somehow my acne started to come up down the side of my face, then eventually my chins and then my jawlines. How horrible. I don't very bad pimples on my forehead. They are really mild.

I wish I wasn't so stubborn about trying Retin-A on the side of my face as soon as it started. I let it scar my face all these years. I was a teenager and worried about having horrible skin which the Retin-A does for awhile before it heals.

Well, so I have used Retin-A, and it doesn't get rid of my acne completely, but I have found that if I stop using it entirely, those red bumps begins to come back day after day around my jawline in exactly 6 months, so it improves after I start using Retin-A. It just doesn't get rid of my acne entirely while on it consistently like it did for mom.

I have found that staying away from as much sugar as I can does help. Eating the good fruits like strawberries, cantaloupe and apples does help and vegetables. My face begins to be drier. Not dry in that term, just dryer in termps of flare ups.

There are those days where I ignore my diet and eat junk. I know that I have got to eliminate them and leave them for occassions which that is okay for me. It's hard, but I don't plan to give up making it into a habit. A change of habit can take a few years to break off sometimes. There are a few habits that have taken me a few years to get rid off, so that's why I believe it's just a habit we have to break off.

I know it's hard for some to stop bowing to sugar, but in reality if we think about it, it's not being your friend. It's not helping you. It's kind of like a drug addiction we need to break off.

I have been wanting to do inner liver and colon cleansings, so if you could please tell me how to do the carrot-juicing and how much carrots I should use and about how many cups, so I get an idea what it's like to do it.

Thank you very much!

i have a juicer at home to juice the carrots. usually around 3-4 good sized carrots will make a glass. after washing the carrots peel it and juice it, then drink away. i take it in the morning before i head to work. has been doing wonders for my forehead, i dont worry about it anymore.

Quick question...I really don't like the taste of carrot juice, so would the effect decline if I added apple juice to it to offset the taste? I think it'd be ok...as long as I'm getting the carrot juice in somehow...but I just want to make sure!

Quick question...I really don't like the taste of carrot juice, so would the effect decline if I added apple juice to it to offset the taste?  I think it'd be ok...as long as I'm getting the carrot juice in somehow...but I just want to make sure!