Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lifetap

minocine increases acne

I have moderate to severe acne and was put on minocine 4 months ago. This has done nothing for my acne excpet to make it worse. After reading several of the posts here it seems like there may be a connection to increased yeast production and killing off the good bacteria which may have made the acne worse. Has anyone else had this experience. Perhaps it is the reason anitbiotics work for some people but not for others. I am scared now to get off the mino that my acne will be worse than when I started but I know I have to get off. I am going to decrease to one pill a day and get off it slowly and replace it with some of the herbs mentioned. I have also just started taking the probiotics. Any thoughts about the mino and yeast connection?

I have moderate to severe acne and was put on minocine 4 months ago.  This has done nothing for my acne excpet to make it worse.  After reading several of the posts here it seems like there may be a connection to increased yeast production and killing off the good bacteria which may have made the acne worse.  Has anyone else had this experience.  Perhaps it is the reason anitbiotics work for some people but not for others.  I am scared now to get off the mino that my acne will be worse than when I started but I know I have to get off.  I am going to decrease to one pill a day and get off it slowly and replace it with some of the herbs mentioned.  I have also just started taking the probiotics.  Any thoughts about the mino and yeast connection?

I'm on minocin, as well as sticking to the regimen. My skin's clearing up, but I'm still getting a few pimples. Do you think I should come off Minocin just to be safe?

I'm on minocin, as well as sticking to the regimen. My skin's clearing up, but I'm still getting a few pimples. Do you think I should come off Minocin just to be safe?