Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ronaldinho

lil bit of advice when washing with soap

Hey everyone, i dont use BP or anything anymore as my acne has mainly cleared up. All i do now is use soap 3 times a day 7 days a week. Alot of people say that soap is bad for the skin and this may be true but it certainly isnt for me. Well when i was washing last week i decided to try something different, i rubbed the actual soup all ova my face to create a thick paste like texture much like shaving form like really thick, well i took it off and my face felt really dry, but the next morning i looked at my face and the red marks and existing spots had totally faded, i predict that in 1 week n half my acne will b gone completely. I think everyone should try it, it really worked.

While that may be the case with you cleansing your skin with a soap soap will over dry the skin big time. Even if you wash with a regular cleanser that is in the form of a soap bar I wouldn't recomend it because a cleanser in a soap bar form has properties to dry out the skin. The ingriedient/material holding together the soap is a preservative.

~Nikki

I first of all wash my face wid warmish water, wash wid soap from the hands onto the face just mildly, then completly lather the bar into my face to create the thick paste, it may dry out the face but i havent had one spot since :D/ so u choose, acne or clear skin but dry?

t may dry out the face but i havent had one spot since  so u choose, acne or clear skin but dry?
Well no, even though I'm getting clear skin I do not have dry skin. I moisturize every day with Paulas Choice Non-Greasy moisturizer/SPF 15. Its a great moisturizer and suncreen in one. And again even though you don't have dry skin right now, over time probably in about a month or so you will experience dry skin.

~Nikki

Yeah, moisturizing is actually a key element. Even if you don't have dry skin at the time, you should still moisturize to give your skin the needed moisture. Keep moisturizing! peace

-Shawn-