Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novalie

Holistic Solution to Acne Scars

Does anyone know of any natural way to treat acne scars (both atrophic/indented/icepick scars and hypertrophic/raised scars)? Any foods or supplements that assist with skin healing? Or perhaps natural creams or masks?

Thanks!

Do a search for a supplement called MSM....take that for a month or two consistently and you will definitely see healing results, firmer, softer skin in place of scars.

Coconut Oil, in small amounts, can help heal damaged skin. Just rub a little bit on in the night or morning and watch to see how your skin changes....

Drinking lots of water and taking vitamin C supplements will really help you out also.

Exercise, lots and lots of healthy sleep, and just eating your green vegetables will get your bodily functions, including healing, up to par and accelerate the disappearance of scars.

Do a search for a supplement called MSM....take that for a month or two consistently and you will definitely see healing results, firmer, softer skin in place of scars. 

Coconut Oil, in small amounts, can help heal damaged skin.  Just rub a little bit on in the night or morning and watch to see how your skin changes....

Drinking lots of water and taking vitamin C supplements will really help you out also.

Exercise, lots and lots of healthy sleep, and just eating your green vegetables will get your bodily functions, including healing, up to par and accelerate the disappearance of scars.

I buy 100% coconut oil from the health food store...its really cheap...like $3 and I apply it sparingly since its oil..i'm a little scared that it will make me break out more....

im a bit uncomfortable about coconut oil because it MAY clog your pores...but some people use it as a moisturizer and it has done wonders...

Try rosa mosqueta oil, you can buy it in a health food store. It would be better if it is organic. Gently massage the affected areas with it. Within one month you shoud see results.

I buy 100% coconut oil from the health food store...its really cheap...like $3 and I apply it sparingly since its oil..i'm a little scared that it will make me break out more....

im a bit uncomfortable about coconut oil because it MAY clog your pores...but some people use it as a moisturizer and it has done wonders...

Coconut oil is not comedogenic at ALL, at least not if it's extra-virgin. Sometimes I load it on my face after a shower, when my skin gets dry, and it doesn't cause breakouts. If anything, it helps breakouts heal faster. I haven't noticed it helping red marks/scars, though.

MSM? Are you referring to Methylsulfonylmethane? If so, where can I buy it? Can you recommend any good distributors? What about this? http://mp.hairboutique.com/product.asp?ProdID=100928

Same for the coconut oil...can you recommend some good products to buy?

Novalie, if you are in the U.S...Walmart carries MSM. I buy it there all the time. A bottle of 1500mg x60 sells for under $8.. I have been taking 3grams a day for the past 8 months or so, sadly I have seen no improvement in my scars. I have noticed my hair and nails are growing like crazy though... :crazy2: If you decide to try it, I wish you the best of luck.. :angel: