Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trinity45

Cold hands and feet, sign of what dificiency?

You know what I think I might have diagnose my problem. For a year I've been traking zinc+b6 to help my acne. I think I remember reading somewhere that zinc may inhibit iron absorption. So maybe this is the reason? But I eat a lot of meat which contains iron so I'm not too sure.

Also does anybody know how do I increase circulation? I notice when I'm weight lifting at the gym, my left hand grip is very poor compared to my right. Maybe this is an example of poor circulation?

If anyone has any comments or experience please chime in. Thanks!

Trinity45,

How often do you lift weights? Are you right handed? What you are describing with having a weaker nad grip on your left sounds similar to what I went through with carpal tunnel. I had carpal tunnel mostly in my right hand with numbness and had to wear a brace all of the time, but that ended up really weakening my right hand grip. I had to go through physical therapy and it is back to normal now. I have heard that doing free weights a lot can cause carpal tunnel symptoms. IT could be poor circulation too I guess. Not sure if any of that really helped. I also seem to have poor circulation and get cold feet and numbness but it is also related to always standing on concrete for my job. Good luck!

I don't lift weights very often, because I suspect it to be affecting my acne a little (increase testosterone). What I mean by poor grip is for example when I'm standing and holding a set of dumbells. My right hand has a stronger clamp on them. Maybe this is simply the fact that I'm right handed. This is not a big problem and I don't have any numbness, so I am doubtful I have carpal tunnel. Thanks for your reply though.

Hypothyroidism, i have very low body temp and have for the past... 3 years. My temp is always 96.3. Isn't is odd that many of us have the same symptoms other than acne? Im not iron deficient, cause that causes bruises on the skin. I was just diagnosed with wilson's syndrome on the 19th. Look it up, ud be surprised u might have it too.

Hypothyroidism, i have very low body temp and have for the past... 3 years. My temp is always 96.3. Isn't is odd that many of us have the same symptoms other than acne? Im not iron deficient, cause that causes bruises on the skin. I was just diagnosed with wilson's syndrome on the 19th. Look it up, ud be surprised u might have it too.

Perhaps it is indeed due to a deficiency, but the first thing that came to mind was poor circulation.

I then also noticed what happygilmore wrote.

I'm getting really scared now hearing all these different ailments I may have. Sorry for my ignorance but aren't most people who have hypothyroid fat/obese? I am thin. Plus I dont' have any of the other symptoms of hypothyroidism.

I don't get bruises on my skin, unless I hit something or someone punches me. So maybe I don't have an iron deficiency.

So now I'm really confused.

shelley (www.askshelley.com) says that cold hands and feet can be due to the following:

low vitamin E, iron, iodine, or vitamin B6

high/low phosphorus

high/low sodium

high/low calcium

high/low magnesium

high/low essential fatty acids

How many mg of iron do you supplement a day? I notice many multi-vitamins have iron and iron-free variety. Is this because some people are allergic to iron, and will it affect acne?

I did not gain weight at all either, in fact i lost weight. Wilson's syndrome is a type of hypothyroidism where ur body is making enough of the hormones but t3 hormone will not convert to t4. This is why a simple blood test will NOT show that u have hypothyroidism. Do u have any other symptoms. I am not trying to scare u cause of cuorse u may have something very simple, but i wish someone had told me a long time ago to at least look into it, y know? I used to be always freezing cold, had dry skin, headaches, my eyebrows became scarce, was always fatugued and lightheaded, felt dumber than i used to. I have not been put on thyroid medication yet, my holistic dr wants to try and pump up my adrenals and a work out a few other things to see if the imbalance cures itself. I think the website is wilsonssyndrome.com but u can look it up on yahoo if u like. Really i am only trying to help u not scare u. I used to wake up everyone morning with my hands and feet number from poor circulation (due to wilson's syndrome), been feeling pretty good lately.

The causes are:

1. Congested liver

2. Congested colon

My circulation improved 1000% when I finished my series of liver flushes. I was cold ALL THE TIME. I could barely stand winter. I had extremely cold feet, hands, and nose, year 'round.

I had the cold hand/cold feet symptoms, as well as intolerance to cold temps in the winter, extreme fatigue, etc. I am very thin so most docs would not even consider that it might hypothyroidism. I also did alot research on Wilson's Syndrome and was treated for that but could not tolerate the meds, so my family doc put me on Armour Thyroid.....WOW, what a difference within a month! He said that the medical community is now coming around to the fact that fat/thin is not a major factor in diagnosing low thyroid. I have 3 daughters that are all thin and have all been diagnosed with hypo......they all feel sooooo much better now that they are being treated.

Also, I have been drinking Kombucha tea for about a month now; after the detox period, I've noticed that I don't need as much thyroid hormone supplementation. As Denise said, a congested liver has alot to do with this, as well as many other things......you may want to consider doing some liver cleanses.

Chris23, No I don't smoke.

I have done many colon cleanses but not liver. I guess I'll start from there. I'll also test myself to see if I have Wilson's syndrome, although I'm highly doubtful. The test is simple, test my body temperature 3 times a day and see if it's below 98.6 degrees, and if so by how much.

I appreciate all the responses.

I am very thin, but I am also very cold (96.5). I went to the clinic and had a blood test before and following an injection, which checks the body's cortisol levels. Turns out I have Addison's disease, and since the diagnosis I have developed hypothyroidism. Be careful that you have a full blood work-up. I have no doubt bio-identical thyroid therapy will be helpful (as I now take it), but if you have another underlying condition that is not taken care of it could be dangerous. I am not a doctor, so I will not claim you have Addison's or hypothyroidism, but I wish someone had told me a long time ago to get a full blood work-up from an Endocrinologist. It would have saved me from a lot of emergency room bills from friends taking me in after passing out cold.

I am always cold. I read this symptom can be a sign of Celiac Disease because the body cannot absorb many nutrients no matter how much food you eat.

this may be a little off, but butyric acid that is produced by bacterial fermentation of fiber can increase cold tolerance, do you eat whole grain wheat, oat or other grains?

the fibers in these are fermented to make short chain fatty acids such as butyric acid.

I am always cold. I read this symptom can be a sign of Celiac Disease because the body cannot absorb many nutrients no matter how much food you eat.

I have noticed it is also a sign of low caloric intake. If you think this might be your case, up the calories.

Edited by venam

Denise is very right. Cold hands/feet is directly connected with congested liver and colon.

but the question is why do many of us acne sufferers have these same problems

I actually just went to the doctor about this 2 days ago. My feet are ALWAYS cold & I noticed that after sitting down for a while- my toes would turn purplish. Yet whenever I pressed down on them- the color would go back to normal. Well, of course that freaked me out, so I started doing research about it online. Like I said I went to the doctor 2 days ago to get this checked out b/c I read it could be do to poor circulation. She said that my toes are fine & that there's nothing to be concerned about right now. I think it's actually very common. I'm 22 year old female, btw. I'm 5'6" 115-120 lbs. The only thing that's helped me was wearing one light pair of socks followed by one thick pair of socks. Hope this helps. Edited by sadiee