Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skinhopeful25

Do you people think there is really a cure out there foracne

I'm losing hope with this I think Dermatologists are only in for the money. They prescribed so much medicine and it will do the temporary fix than the acne comes back again or sometimes using those medications will make it worse. They dont realize thats this is a serious matter and psychologically it affects many people. My dematologists diagnosed me Rosacea, seborheic dermatitis, moderate acne and psoriases is this possible for me to suffer from all this conditions? I dont know if its me only but I find that hard to believe. And when I go to her she prescribes me like 5 to 6 prescriptions you should see my medicine cabinet it looks like a pharmacy. Even though I'm covered by insurance they still come out pretty expensive. So what should I do keep going to her or change dermatologists? Before her I went to a male derm and he said I had fungus on my head because of the severe dandruff promblem and said he was going to give me a cortizone shot on the follwing visit but never went back. Thats when I found this female derm and they always seem in a hurry and dont even look at your face or dont seem really concern :D sorry for the long post just had to vent.............. Have any of you have or had a similer experience? :)

actually u hv to keep using the medication till u grow out of acne,even if u go for accutane it may also come back, but if u find ur derm not good u should change another one,usually the medication take 2 mth to see result and up to 6 mth to hv clear face even after that u still have to use medication to prevent it, i think they will have the cure sooner or later everything so advance nowaday, hope it come out soon.

actually u hv to keep using the medication till u grow out of acne,even if u go for accutane it may also come back, but if u find ur derm not good u should change another one,usually the medication take 2 mth to see result and up to 6 mth to hv clear face even after that u still have to use medication to prevent it, i think they will have the cure sooner or later everything so advance nowaday, hope it come out soon.

Uh no. This person does NOT have to keep using medication until he "grows" out of acne. I am under the impression that US doctors are slimy backstabbers who are about as much use as a sea sponge absorbing fish cack. Here in England, thankfully, we can evade much of that bs because Accutane is usually funded on the National Health Service.

Skinhopeful25: I doubt your derm. Even though it is possible to suffer from all of these things simultaneously, I have a gut feeling something is wrong here so I would be hesitant as to what your derm prescribes. Stick to your original derm but shop around and find the consensus of other derms who can help you decide whether you really have rosacea, seborheic dermatitis, moderate acne and psoriases all at once.

Seriously. That's the only way of knowing if your doctor is a whore who needs to kindly kill herself by shoving a pitchfork in her gut. The important thing is, if you are sensing that the derm is untrustworthy, then why risk the expense, time and heartbreak of it all? We can't possibly know anymore about your derm than you do. You are the best judge and only you have the gears to prevent regret. Remember that.

Accutane is by far the strongest acne medication out there and unless you have had previous problems with it or find that it does not work for you then I think it's wise that you use alternatives and never lose faith.

Also, remember that just because you have acne does not mean you have to slather your face religiously in different layers of medication. A lot of people who do that just end up plugging their pores even more, so some days it's best if you let your skin breathe, regardless of what your fanatical moronic derm spouts.

PM me and we can talk.