Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damcal

'Bacne' Scars - help

hi, i have quite bad scarring on my shoulders and upper back, and pretty bad scarring on my face/neck. i visited a dermatolagist recently and he said he can treat the scars on my face and neck quite effectively but says that he cant do much for the scars on my back as he said scar treatments 'just dont work' on the skin of your back....has anyone else been told this and has anyone ever had bacne scar treatment? help!

I think one strand on copper peptides mentioned someone doing peels and peptides on stretch marks. The woman saw improvement. It might work for back scars, and probably wouldn't hurt.

Carol

It's true that there don't seem to be any treatments that can get rid of body scars, or give as much improvement as can be seen with facial scarring. However, there are ways to improve the scarring.

At the moment, I'm very interested in pursuing some pigmentation treatments, whereby the scars on the body can be injected with pigments so that they match the surrounding skin more closely and blend in more effectively, so that they are not as noticeable.

This can be performed by Julie Arnold, an aesthetician who practices at Bio2Clinic in Leamington Spa, England, and also in Harley Street, London.