Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Homer Jay Simpson

Facial Destruction

I've been using Clean & Clear for a little while with instructions from Dan's regimen. It burnt my face so I started using it as it is supposed to be used, with plenty of water and rinsed off at the end. Then I woke up this morning and my face was completely peeled. Every inch of skin on my cheeks and chin was cracked. I pulled most of the dead skin off. Now my face is red, spotted, and still has some peeling. I need something quick, because I don't want to go to school on Tuesday looking like this.

what moisturizer are you using?

did you just start the regimen?

i know how you feel. my face was so red and dry when i first started using bp.

I would recommend a lotion with AHA in it. This takes down my redness and peeling/flakes. You may want to pull back on the BP a little.

Which Clean and Clear product are you using? I don't think any Clean and Clear products are on Dan's recommended list. I am thinking that what you used was probably too strong a medication.

Let your face recover for a few days and don't use anything on it, then if you want to restart the Regimen, make sure you have the correct products and start slowly. Find a 2.5% bp product, an oil-free non-comedogenic spf moisturizer, and a gentle non-medicated cleanser.

Good luck.

A good and pretty gentle bp cream is the CVS brand 2.5%. I've only heard ppl talk about the On The Spot and Dan's gel but the CVS stuff is really good and cheap. Works great. For now all you should do is wash your face and apply Cetaphil moisturizer to prevent waterloss and keep your skin hydrated. Try not to touch it, and also apply ice packs, but not for too long. This should get your face in a somewhat better condition for school.