Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nickzx

Does smoking affect acne?

I started smoking (cigarretes) at 15 and still do, and half a year later my acne blew up. I know that smoking makes skin worse,but can it be a deciding factor in whether someone has acne or not?

Again (as in the case of food) I think it’s from person to person, I used to smoke [-( (I did that nasty habit for 5 years I think on and off and I had perfect skin O:) ) and now I do not smoke at all for 2 years and my skin got acne during this smoke free time.

Also we tend to group people into two groups smokers or non-smokers. Now people falling in to the smokers category can be anyone from 40 a day chimneys to those that like the occasional cig with a pint down the pub. Whilst smoking any is unhealthy those that smoke like chimneys are likely to see effects on skin etc far quicker and to a greater extent.

Either way smoking aint really any good for skin or anything else for that matter.

Oh and love the search facility.

Adam

Whether it affects your acne or not, please don't smoke. Think about the people around you and how inconciderate it is to them.

Nick S., do I sense a little sarcasm? :) - I agree with Dancingstar, think of all the other terrible side effects of smoking. You could get lung cancer, emphazema, heart disease, etc and you're worried about acne... I'm not trying to lecture. I'm just not a fan of smoking. I never have, so I don't know how hard it must be to quit. Easy for me to sit here and say "don't smoke." I know you probably think I'm a prick. Just a concerned citizen :D

Mercer

what about pot and acene...every time I smoke a joint...after I feel as though my acene is getting bigger....

anyone have any research or some facts about pot and acene...not just dont do it...?

Well, smoking pot causes your blood vessels to constrict (i think that's the word I'm looking for) - that's why your eyes always get so red. It does the same thing to all the other blood vessels in your body causing your zits to become redder and more prominant. It doesn't cause new ones to form though. Also, it's probably the paranoia setting in when you start to feel like your face is breaking completely out after you smoke... :D

Mercer

Aright i apologize for the sarcasm... ill post a more constructive post this time....

I began smoking cigarettes the beginning of my senior year in high school, and to be completely honest my face has been the cleanest in the past year. The main reason im here is i just got an unexpected breakout in the last week or so and it sucks.. espcially after having good skin for a period of time! ):

But honestly i dont think smoking affects it, because i have smoked cigarettes and other things on and off for the last year and it hasnt had any affect.

But stress can cause acne, so if you are currently a smoker.... and decide you want to quit take it light and cut back slowly.... If you cut back all at once you may stress over having a ciggarette.

otherwise of course i dont reccommend smoking because it is unhealthy

It may be from person to person. Because I usually dont smoke. And my face is clear. But the other day i smoked a cig and i noticed little tiny bumps are arousing on my left cheek. Slightly red tiny bumps. And my whole face has been breakout free, no little bumps no nothing for 6 months. And all of a sudden BAM. Then I smoked another cig the next day and a small white head popped up! I dunno I ain't doin it again. My skin can get irritated easily. And I think it may be the actualy smoke that i blow out, it gettin on my face and irritating it.

It's not the smoking, technically, that causes acne, but all the grime and tar and crap you get on your face from the smoke. So, if you want to light up and prevent acne at the same time, you just have to wear a paper bag over your head. Ha ha.

smoking depletes the oxygen in your body and that causes your skin to age as well as look bad overall i think.

Plus, putting junk into your body can only mean trouble.

haha why do u say Americans?

Cuz he's French. French have hated Americans since the early 1900's. Talkin' shit Americans this Americans that. Till of course Hitler and the Germans came along in 1940, then it was HELLO AMERICA!!!

hello america! why didn't you come in eastern europe when we suffered from comunism?

sorry for the off-topic moment.

i'm gonna smoke a joint and if i won't return to post something then it means smoking ain't that good at all! :D

Hey has anyone tried the cigarettes called "eclipse"? Ive been trying to kick the habit of cigarettes for a while now and these are a good alternative. They dont really leave a smell and you still get a bit of nicotine. I think they're made by r j reynolds and they do have a website--

www.eclipse.rjrt.com. Im not at all promoting smoking but with the small amount of tar and nicotine they have -- they've got to be better and no cigarette smell on your clothes or hair!!