Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TngoAzn

The day in the life of the Regimen

Hey people how u all doin? Well after reading all this iv decided to finally post something. I started to try Dans regimen a little less than a week ago. However my skin is sensitive and although i havent experianced any stinging or redness, I do get dryness once i step out of the shower.

My face wash is alot milder than the purpose bar however.

I use

Nivea face wash for men

Bp 2.5%

Cetaphil moisturizer.

Im asian 20 male, with relatively mild skin problems. I was on minocin and differin but less than a week ago I ditched it because I didnt like the idea of popping a pill so often.

so Il catch u up to speed on the last 4 days

day 1

used the purpose bar which was too much. THAT left me stinging and hurting. NOT the BP. To me the BP is way milder than that bar.

used the BP at night about half a fingers length.

day 2

woke up washed with purpose again, and decided it was the last time. Just couldnt deal with it.

I had this pimple in my forehead that wasnt inflammed. It was the kind that was like a 'pebble' and was stuck in my forehead for over 8 months. Never bothered me tho because it was unnoticable but solid to touch. To my suprise it got inflammed and started coming to the surface.

day 3

I continued the regimen however i use the NIvea double actoin face wash because its alot more gentle. however iv noticed red dots forming on my cheek. Never had these before. They give me a funny look to my face tho, the uneveness of color.

When I first started talking Minocin I had the CRAZYIEST breakout. I mean this was nutts. I could tell that stuff was coming out from the deep insides of my skin. According to a Pharmacist friend of mine, he told me that what it does is kill the bacteria and the reason for the breakout was most likely that the body is rejecting the 'wastes' and bringing it to the surface

I have a strong feeling that Benzoyl Peroxide is doing the same since it also kills the Acne bacteria. I believe this is so because Im getting small mild whiteheads( 3-4 or so) which surface extremely quickly.

Il keep a more detailed log of whats going on from this day on.

I too suffered with regimes that never seemed to work very well

Now I am cured.

My cure came from a dietary change.

I eliminated all refined carbs and fast foods.

It took 35 years but I finally found the it.

There is real science behind this too.

Please go to www.archdermatol.com

the december 2002 issue " acne vulgaris a disease of western civilization.

The elimination was complete, but if I ingest refined carbs........the acne is back.

good luck!

let me know how you make out

June 14 12:36pm

Washed wtih the nivea face wash for men and used about 2/3 of my finger of BP.

My skin feels slightly tight but no flaking or any of that.

What i do is take Nivea face wash and i pretty much just rub it into my cheeks and forehead for a minute each. Il also shave in the shower using gilette Foam.

So yea, I dont get new pimples well at least not the big kinds, what i get from the BP however is little red bumps. I have 3 around my lips which makes me look like i have stds and they have been around for about 2 days. I never get these so its quite unusual. Im pretty confident they will go away but yea...we all know how that waiting feels right? I hope Dans regimen works because iv been on Minocin for about 7 months and Im looking forward to quitting it. I dont want to kill my insides anymore than I have too ya know?

Hey does anyone know if Dans regimen works well on closed Comedones? Thats whats basically bothering me and im just wondering if im wasting my time with his regimen.Any help would be superb, thanks.

Dan, glad you were able to grace my log! I hope you read this but my question is, when after you wash and you wait, does your face dry out? For me this happens the most, and is when most irritation occurs for me. Not so much from the BP. My face gets really dry and I get kinda red dot rash. Just wondering.

Anyhow for today

June 15

I followed the same routine. Im up to one full fingers length of BP. I dont get actual pimples anymore, however I get slight red bumps with tiny white dots. BARELY BARELY noticable. I guess its pores purging all the tiny contents? I dont know. Your 2 cents would be appreciated thanks!

June 16

Hey so today Iv noticed alot more red dots on my face. I dont know what they are and only someof they are tiny tiny white heads. However, my face is way smoother than when i was on Differin. I believe these red dots are irritation dots because when i was on Differin sometimes it would happen if I went overboard with it. However, i believe the BP isnt irritating me, but its the initial wait between washing and applying the BP that bothers my skin. Its just to drying. Therefore Iv decided to skip this mornings dose of Bp and just apply moisturizer and see what it does. By the way the 3 red dots near my lips are takign longer than i expected although they are going away. One of them seemed to get inflamed from the inside. My complexion is fair and I dont tend to get actual 'acne' but I get a whole bunch of these tiny tiny bumps that make my skin not so smooth, and thats what Im trying to eliminate using this BP.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Tommorow is Tuesday making it one week on this regimen.

today i had surgery so im having a hard time typing. Well, my red spots are starting to fade. To catch you all up, i get these red dots that im not quite sure what they are. ITs funny my face is clearing up slowly

from my cheeks toward my jawline slowly. Even my mom noticed this. Its good stuff. Lets just hope all this red marks do go away. Has anyone heard of mederma for marks?

Hey buddy, I've got the same problem as u...no pimples but very annoying little bumps (comedones) on my cheek and chin area...a few blemishes as well..

You said u suffer from dryness during the period in between the washing and applyin BP, I do too. My skin feels tight and dry but when the BP is applied all goes well..

The BP does work on the comedones coz some of mine have subsided..not all however :) Don't loose hope there, i almost gave up when my skin started burning and turning red..i'm still with the regimen.

Anyways, all the best to you and keep us updated. btw, wat surgery did u undergo? yikess

Hey, glad someone wrote me a reply!

well todays Thursday which makes it a little over a week since iv started this regimen. My left side cheek redspots are fading and it looks good. It just has an irregular color when you look at it. My right side, which has been alot more problematic in the past is doing alot better as well. It still has the red dots, but those are also fading quite quickly. The BP is doing an effective job i must say. Today i pressed a red dot that came to "head" and a little 'solid' material came out. Not liquid but like a grain of sand. I believe the red dots on my face are these little solid pieces surfacing, since i dont have actualy acne with puss and what not. Hopefully theyl'' go soon. Anyways thast all for today. If theres anymore questoins please feel free to ask!

Day 11

Well today is saturday making it day 11 on this regimen I believe. Well I stll have red dots on my cheeks. I wish they would go away. Also on my jaw have two bumps. Strange never got those either but Im pretty sure they'll dry out. The red dots are mainly on my right cheek, Im not sure at all what they are and they started coming when I got on BP. Either Their irritation marks or something coming up to the surface. HOwever, besides teh occasional dryness i dont feel irritated at all. Hope everyone is doing good.

hey people how u all doing. Well its been 2 weeks exactly and I cant exactly say Iv had testimonial results.

The BP brought all these red dots to my skin. I dont know why, but for the first time they make my acne seem much much worse than it really is. Also it seems to accentuate the dark spots on my cheek that werent so noticable before. Iv decided to cut back on the BP to about half of what I use. Im hoping excess bp is hte cause of the dots.

wish me luck.

Hi. Just read your thread again.

Hang in there. I don't know exactly what you mean by the red dots. Can you take a pic?

Really, you need to be on the regimen or a full 1-2 months of strict adherence before judging anything. This means slowly upping the amount of bp. I wouldn't cut way back at this point. This is at the center of the regimen. Generous amounts of bp. It doesn't work otherwise. It's just not the regimen without this step. You can expect dramatic clearing without using generous amounts of bp. If you suspect you are having an allergic reaction, see your doctor to be sure what's up.

If you're feeling dry/red, go ahead and moisturize twice a day.

Also, check your new cleanser and make sure it doesn't contain salicylic acid.

-Dan